Healing Bath

Katara bent the water around Sukara as she lay in front of her. She began to heal what she could and seek out a cause for the problem.

She made small noises of thought and concern as she went on. The water glowing bright blue, filling the room with its light.

"What is it?" Kuvira asked, getting impatient as Katara worked.

"Something seems to be wrong spiritualy," Katara explained as she moved the water up and down Sukara's body, "her energy is dangerously low. Has she done anything particularly draining recently?"

"My past lives," Korra told her, "she passed out right after she helped me get them back. I went straight to sleep I was so exhausted but, I don't think she did."

"Hmm," Katara frowned, moving the water in a different direction, "I can supply her a little for now but she needs to rest. If she's not careful, Vaatu will start to siphon the energy she creates to keep himself alive."

As they spoke, Sukara began to stir. Her eyes scrunching as she woke. Once her hands could feel the cold and wet of the water, she flinched as she tried to sit up, only to be caught by Kuvira and brought into a sitting position.

"Its okay, you're alright," Kuvira said, pulling her close.

"Why am I in a bath?" Sukara asked, sloshing the water a little with her hand, "what happened?"

"Katara, is she okay?" Kai asked, he had hurried over as she woke up.

"When did you get here?" Sukara asked, frowning at him as he leaned in and hugged her, "why are you here?"

"Tenzin said you were sick," he told her.

"And does Tenzin know that?"

"That would be my fault, sorry kid," Kya piped up, she stood just behind her mother, waiting incase she needed any help, "I gave him a call when you guys got here. He cares so he likes to know where you are and Korra said you weren't doing so good. I was just keeping him updated."

"It's alright Kya," Sukara smiled, putting an arm around Kai and pulling him back for another hug, "I'm glad he's here. But what's going on?"

"You had a nightmare," Kuvira told her, concern still set deep within her eyes, "you passed out. Katara said something about spirits."

"And about this spirit problem," Kya continued, "I know a guy in the Earth Kingdom, I met him on my travels."

"She needs to rest," Katara insisted, getting herself up from her kneeling position.

"I know Mom," Kya said, stepping forward to steady the old woman, "but we've got to deal with this because rest isn't going to solve it forever. She needs to know how to control it."

Katara frowned, Kya was right but she had hoped that this could wait until later.

"She can sleep on the way," Kai suggested, "we can go on Lefty. Sukara can rest on the saddle."

Katara thought for a moment. The situation worried her a lot. She would have wanted to watch over Sukara as she went through this, just incase she needed healing again.

"Fine," Katara sighed, "but you go straight there. No penguin sledding, no riding Unagis. And I'm not kidding about that rest. You could seriously hurt yourself."

"Yes Ma'am," Sukara smiled innocently up at her.

"As nice as it is to see you again," Katara said softly, "I don't want our only interactions to be like this."

Sukara smiled again. "I'll try not to make a habit of it."