48 // bad reality TV

CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT
bad reality TV
•••

CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHTbad reality TV•••

ɴᴏʟᴀɴ ᴍᴜʟʟᴇɴ

I woke up with Oakley having his limbs sprawled out next to me, taking up at least eighty percent of the space. At this rate, I was gonna need a bigger bed.

I grabbed my phone to check the time, just to see I had a dozen missed calls, all from the same number. I sat up, frowning at the screen. I didn't recognize the number. The last missed call was only fifteen minutes ago.

I called the number back, but the person on the other end hung up almost immediately. It had to be important, right? They tried calling me for twenty minutes before they gave up.

I double-checked, and it was still Sunday morning. It couldn't be work-related. I didn't have any interviews planned today, I didn't have any photoshoots—I double-checked this too.

I tried again, this time my phone hit voicemail almost immediately. The only other thing I could think of was texting my mom, wherever she might've been. She would've known if I'd missed an appointment.

You:
Mom, do you know who could've called me?

I sent her a screenshot of my missed calls, and my mom responded right away.

Mom:
I don't know honey. Have you tried calling them back?

I didn't bother responding. Oakley stirred slowly beside me. Maybe it was for him?

"Hey. Wake up," I said, shaking his shoulder slightly.  He didn't even budge.

"Oakley, wake up."

His eyes fluttered open, meeting mine directly. "Good morning," I said, smiling.

"'m tired," he said, his eyes slowly falling shut again.

"Oakley, please. It might be important."

The asshole fell asleep again. He was even snoring now. There was no point. I gave up. And whoever it was who called had apparently come up with a solution, as they'd stopped calling and didn't want to be called back. And I knew Oakley needed this sleep. His sleeping pattern was worrisome sometimes, to say the least.

"Fine. You win," I sighed.

Last night, Oakley skipped the after-party for the awards, and he came straight to my house afterward. We barely even spoke—we didn't need to. The way he touched me said enough. One thing led to another, and well... here we were, lying next to each other on my bed.

Even just the memory of it brought a smile upon my face and made me fire red.

I decided to make myself useful by taking a shower and making some breakfast. And once again my mom was already gone.

I looked through the kitchen. In the cabinets was some cereal, flour, and protein bars. I was definitely not eating protein bars for breakfast, and today was too good of a day to eat cereal. So I scavenged together the stuff to make some breakfast waffles. Not being in the mood for anything too sweet, I opted for some savory ones.

I hadn't actually cooked something in way too long. And I was glad to be able to now.

I brought my waffles and a glass of water to the living room, watching mindless TV as I enjoyed my breakfast. After what felt like hours, Oakley strolled down the stairs. His eyes were droopy and he had one of my t-shirts on. God, if only I could have this sight every day. Or even just every week. I'd kill for that.

"Good morning," I said.

"Hi." He smiled lazily as he made his way over to me. "What time is it?"

I grabbed my phone to check the time.

"Three-thirty." He'd been asleep for at least like fourteen hours. At least that's what I thought, because I might've fallen asleep before he did. "Have you even slept at all last night?"

"I slept like a baby. I just had some to catch up on."

So he did catch up on the sleep he'd missed. That was good.

He kissed me and then sat down next to me on the sofa.

"What are we watching," he asked after letting out a big yawn. He leaned against me and rested his head on my shoulder.

"Bad reality TV."

Some show about people walking around on an island, most of them half naked, trying not to cheat on their partners. Spoiler alert: everyone was cheating.

It might've been bad, but shit was still mad entertaining.

"Oh, by the way, I made you breakfast. I uhm, I mean it's cold by now but it's still there."

"I'll grab it later," he said, not moving an inch. I snaked my arm around his back and pulled him slightly closer. That was when I noticed smelled like me. He'd used my body wash and shampoo, and he was wearing my clothes.

"You smell nice," I said, smiling as I leaned my head back.

"I know." He chuckled and yawned once again. "I smell like you."

•••

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I'm sorry for being late :( this was a little fluffy bc why not🥰

Question of the update: are you more a fluff person or smut person?

I'm fluff. I can't handle smut at all so I'm sorry to disappoint if I skip over writing it 🤧 (I might still write it at some point though)

Don't forget to vote! The next update will just be this weekend as always .