CHAPTER 77

1 hour earlier -------------------

"Why did you do that for?", asked Khushi surprised and irritated.

"What you mean by why? That car was following us, god knows what intentions they have. What if they have robbed us or ...", Rohan was saying when Khushi cut in, "That car was suppose to follow us Rohanji ... you should have told me before about it and I would have told you then".

Khushi was trying to make Arush stay calm as the little baby was getting cranky and irritated and was crying in between. In making him distracted Khushi didn't paid attention to what route they have taken to hospital. When she realized that they haven't reached the hospital within half an hour, which usually is the time taken to reach hospital, she looked up and find them on different road and asked Rohan about it. She asked him why he didn't take the xxx road which would have taken them to hospital till now and that is when Rohan told her that he had taken a different route as a car was following them and he took some turns and just ditched the car.

"What you mean by that car was suppose to follow us?", asked Rohan surprised.

"That was Raj, my guard. He follows whenever I go out, for my safety", said Khushi.

"Your guard? What are you? Some princess who will get kidnapped or what", said Rohan in a mock tone. He didn't knew that he had touched a sensitive topic as images from her kidnap and Arnav getting shot played in her mind in that instant.

"Yes, I am his princess, do you have a problem?", Khushi snapped, giving a glare to Rohan, who was taken aback with her tone. He knew who this 'his' is and his thought got clear with Khushi's next sentence.

"And now Arnavji will get more angry, poor Raj will be at the receiving end", said Khushi worriedly as she looked at her dead cell phone, "Why didn't you think of sending him a message, you stupid, stupid Khushi", murmurs Khushi.

"Huh, no surprises there. When he is not angry?", said Rohan sarcastically.

"Don't say like you know him", said Khushi in stern tone.

"But I do know him from past 6-7 years madam and I know how he is like", said Rohan giving a pointed look to Khushi, "Always gets what he wants, no matter how much the other person will get hurt by this or even die".

"You're wrong", said Khushi instantly, "He has changed. He may not be perfect but he is not less than perfect", said Khushi with a pride in her voice.

Rohan look at her and can see the love and pride in her eyes for Arnav, he turns his gaze towards road giving a small chuckle, "Men like him never changes Khushi, without emotions and feelings, they are heartless and arrogant".

Khushi was about to retort but Rohan continued, "You say that he has changed, tell me how? He doesn't care for Arush. He never did, not when Anjali Di brought him from hospital, she told me how he had kept his distance from Arush and since the time I have come here I have never seen Arnav with Arush. He hates him like he hates my sister."

"He has a reason to hate your sister", said Khushi in defensive tone. She remembered Anjali telling her that it was something Tania did which broke Arnav's trust and hurt him.

"Oh yeah, and what is the reason of hating his own son Khushi? Arush is his son right, he got my sister pregnant right and then refuse to acknowledge his own blood on his birth, what is the reason for this? Tell me Khushi", said Rohan angrily.

"Its not like that ... he .. he does care for his son ok, I have seen him", said Khushi defending Arnav.

"Yeah, did you see him playing with him? Spending time with him? Well I have never seen him, and what Anjali Di had told me, all this while she hadn't seen him doing that too. So I don't know what illusion you have seen", said Rohan in mock tone.