39 | please listen before i go

CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE

"mr jeon please give a statement about the motive behind the murders!"

"tell us why you did it!"

"do you regret your actions?"

"what do you think about being the youngest criminal to be put on death row?"

jeongguk stood on the steps that led to the building where he would spend his final breath, he looked back at how people were eagerly running after him, shoving cameras and microphones into his face as multiple flashes went off, blinding him.

the teenager squinted his eyes and blinked rapidly, his mind spinning at all the noise that was bleeding into his ears, as well as the harsh tug and lock around his wrists from his handcuffs.

behind the crowd of journalists, he spots a large crowd of people, some crying while others all watching with a satisfied and murderous stare as they watch the psychopath being led to his death.

"jeongguk, do you have any last words before your execution?" One of the reporters ask, shoving through everyone and getting up-close and personal with the murderer.

for some reason, jeongguk stills. the atmosphere becomes heavy and tense as the psychopath intensely stares into the specific camera, letting the nation make deep eye contact with one of the worst killers in decades.

occasional flashes still go off, but people have quieted down as they all wait for the teenager to answer, anticipating his response.

as the audience started to become restless, jeongguk suddenly cracks a smile.

a genuine one.

everything goes silent.

the entire crowd is completely and utterly mesmerised.

the way the boy dark and dangerous aura is lifted, the way his eyes crinkle up and shine with a glint of innocent youth, how his cheeks rise and proudly displays some of his baby fat, how the edge of his lips curve up and his upper lips stretches into a thin line, and how his entire image starts to scream innocence.

it was as if everyone started to realise that jeongguk was still a young boy, who was being dragged off to be killed.

hesitation.

"are you watching, hyung?" everyone sucks in a breath as the teen starts to speak, his loving and passionate gaze was the first sign of any emotion they had even seen on the male these past few days. more importantly, who was he talking to?

jeongguk holds up his cuffed wrists as his smile morphs into a sheepish one.

"this is what happens when i don't listen to you." he lets out a small giggle and lowers his hands again, peeking down at his shoes shyly before raising his head again and nervously clearing his throat. 

it took a few good moments before the teen managed to open his mouth.

his soft voice passing by like an angel caught in a mild breeze.

it felt like the entire world went silent just to hear the gentle syllables that slipped through his baby-pink lips.

making a certain someone's heart stop.

"i love you, taehyung."

one. two.

three seconds pass by before the silence is broken when the boy grins widely while being yanked away by an officer as flashes of the surrounding cameras start going off again. reporters are yelling more questions, the sounds of feet shuffling and hoarse voices as well as the shuttering of cameras filled the atmosphere.

everyone capturing the scene of a smirking jeongguk disappearing into the building.

end of 39

the end ! 

lol jk