Chapter 2 - New home

Entering the castle, the cold ran through her body at once. She looked around in the elegant hall with interest, admiring the huge chandelier that hung from the middle, the beautifully crafted stair railing, and the burning candles, then followed Grindelwald up the long and high stairs to the first floor. Their shoes knocked on the stone as they took the steps, which was currently the only sound echoed in the space. Upstairs several small chandeliers lit up the long corridors, then turning on one of them, the girl had time to examine the decorations and framed paintings on the wall in more deatail.

"These are beautiful!" She said, looking at the artworks. "This castle is truly impressive, sir, I'm so thankful for inviting me to stay here."
"It's natural my dear, I'm glad that you like the place. If you do not mind me asking, are you involved in any kind of art?"
"Well, I wouldn't say myself an artist but I do like to paint and draw."
"Wonderful! I'd love to see your work sometimes." He smiled kindly with sparkles of admiration in his eyes.

A few minutes later they finally stopped in front of a room. The door opened by itself, and revealed a comfortable, neat room. The basic colors of the room were silver and navy blue, also with a chandelier, and a huge canopy hung over the bed which made the place even more cosy. There were glass doors, with curtains as well which led to a small balcony.

"I'd be delighted if you accept to stay here." He spoke.
"Thank you, Mr. Grindelwald, I very much appreciate it." She replied nearly in shock.
"It's the least I can do for such a special individual like you, Aurora." He watched her with a lingering look.
"I'm extremely grateful for your kindess, sir." She smiled, blushing slightly. He bowed respectfully.
"If you need me for anything you can find me in room 81. Everything you find inside is yours." He grinned, and slowly walked away, with his hands behind his back, letting her to settle in, and she began to unpack.

For a few seconds she just stood in the middle of the room on the fur rug and just looked around, unable to believe what was happening. After unpacking everything, folding her clothes into the closet, and settling in, all she could think about was writing a letter to her family as soon as possible, with whom they hadn't stood too close, giving at least a sign of life about where she was. When she opened the closet, she saw a ton of new dresses were hanging inside it and by then she realized she wouldn't really need her own ones here. She was very grateful for this accommodation and could hardly wait to meet the others the next day.

She was sure some certain feelings started to developing in her for Grindelwald, but it as way too early to think anything about it. Afterall, he was her boss. Or leader. Or whatever you want to call it. The only thing that mattered that she was fighting for a cause that she considered great, with a man who was even greater. Really really great.