Chapter 7 - Anything for you

Not long after, Grindelwald announced that he and his best warriors were gonna tour around the castle's boundaries to make sure they were not being investigated by the aurors. The borders of the area were protected by an invisible shield that kept out unauthorized persons. Of course, Aurora wanted to go with him too, but the wizard forbade her outright, for he was terribly afraid that she would get hurt if they might run into a couple of Ministry Persons. He knew she was strong, but his love kept him from taking risks. So she was left alone and watched from the window that her love and a few more people were walking out into the distance. The minutes passed, hours slowly, but they still didn't return. She started to worry more and more, because she knew it was a large area, but it could be walked around maximally in 2 hours. So even though she wasn't allowed, she grabbed her wand and went after him.

Soon after, she became aware of loud noises, and flashes of light from that part of the nearby wooded area that was already beyond the border shield. She rushed over quickly to see what was happening and arrived just in time. A team of aurors surrounded them and they were just fighting. Most of them were injured, and apparted, but there were still a few left. Almost everything had been settled by the time Aurora got there, and she saw that one of them had somehow just managed to cast a 'Sectumsempra' curse, which Grindelwald would have had a hard time defending as he was just firing at two other people.

There was no question for the girl what she was about to do either; since there was no time for anything else, without thinking she threw herself infront of her love, to catch the curse.

As the flash of light hit her body, she fel to the ground, in so much pain, bleeding, and not long after she fainted completely.

Her last memory was hearing Gellert casts the death curse at the man who hurt her, being in his arms, seeing his magical multicolored eyes filled with worry and tears, then everything went black.

- - -

She tried to open her eyes slowly, not exactly remembering what had happened, or where she was currently. She looked around, trying to sit up hardly because her wounds were still hurting bad.

Soon she realized she was back in Nurmengard, in the Hospital Wing. That moment she felt someone was holding her hand all along. She looked down, and saw Grindelwald who's head was resting on the blanket, having a little sleep from the nervousness and crying, the signs of which were still visible on his face.

She smiled happily, knowing he's safe, and caressed his cheek gently with her cold hand. He's quickly woke, opened his unusual eyes and looked up to see the girl.

"Aurora." He rose up to touch her face. "Can you hear me?"

"Sir... What happened? Is everyone alright?" She asked worriedly.

"Shhh! Everybody's safe. But you almost died. I told you not to come after us!"

"I know, but I was worried where you were and I needed to save you!"

"Sweetie, I appreciate that so much but I could have defend it. What if it was the death curse?"

"Then I would have gladly die for you."

"No." He shook his head in pain, and moved closer to her very carefully, wrapping her in his protective, strong arms, kissing her forehead.

"You know... When I though I lost you, I realized I would have done anything to bring you back. Everything. Whatever in the world it is. Nothing would have mattered. I would do anything for you."

"It means a lot, sir. Thank you. I feel the exact same thing for you."

"Sweetheart, I'd like you to use my name, please." He asked.