Chapter 1: The Beginning

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The world of Harry Potter was created by another author (who we will not name because we don't support transphobia. So let's just say the amazing world of Harry Potter was written by Dobby). The original plot and main character belong to me. Please don't steal my story. For purposes of this story, first years start at 12/13.

Alright, enjoy!

The Beginning

———

Mal's POV

This is the moment.

I felt the slight chill of September air blow on my face, making my hair whip around it and smiled, excited for what I knew was about to come.

"Ready Mal?" Hermione looked over at me and nodded towards the stone wall that stood before me. An ordinary wall to any muggle, but I knew better.

"So ready" I smiled, "race you!" and rushed into the wall before she could stop me.

"Bloody cheater you are!" Hermione pushed me softly as soon as she crossed the wall and we both suddenly stopped, in awe of the train and young wizards and witches among us. We looked at each other, excited yet nervous about this world that seemed so much bigger than we would ever be.

"Are you girls ready?" Our dad came up behind us with a warm smile on his face and put a hand on each of our shoulders.

"This looks so..." Hermione began.

"Magical." I ended.

"That's because it is, apparently, who knew?" our mom said as she came up behind us.

I did. I thought to myself but didn't say anything.

"Let's go Mal." Hermione pulled me towards the train. I followed her but stopped right in front of the train car's doors.

"Malorie? What's wrong sweetie?" My mom kneeled down in front of me. I took a look at my mom's ever young face and smiled, already nostalgic about having to miss waking up to see flour on her cheeks from french toast she would bake in the morning.

"Nothing's wrong but... what if I'm not cut out for this? What if this place is just full of big people with big personalities and I don't have that? What if I'm not enough?" I held my head down, ashamed of the sudden insecurities I felt rushing into me.

"Malorie, sweetie, you have one of the biggest personalities I've ever known. You tell me your parents were wizards right? And they must have been amazing parents to set up your foundational years because very few people can get through what you did and stay strong. You are strong, driven, beautiful, and -- as your wand showed -- powerful."

"Right. Dragon heartstring with alder wood." I chuckled and smiled at the ground.

"Exactly. You shine wherever you go, so go shine here too. I might not know much about it but I do know about who you are, and you will succeed anywhere."

"Thank you Mum." I hugged her tightly before starting to head into the train.

"No hug for your dad?" my dad opened his arms out for me and I ran to him, hugging him tightly. "Bye kiddo." He tells me before letting me go and rushing me off to the train.

"C'mon Mal let's go." Hermione pulled at my arm.

We took a seat on an empty booth and waved goodbye to our parents. We talked for a while, jumpy and excited and soon got up to help this kid, Neville? I believe it was. To look for his toad. Hermione and I stopped by a booth with a ginger haired kid eating a lot of candy and a black haired kid with broken glasses sitting across from him. I knew immediately who this black haired kid was: Harry Potter.