Chapter 10 - Love and affection

The snow was falling heavily outside the castle, covering the whole landscape in a thick, white blanket. The fire cracked inside the fireplaces, just like in Gellert's room, where he and his true love were resting on the couch infront of the bookcase in the huge room after drinking their hot cocoa. The Christmas mood was still felt by everyone. Especially after Christmas, fatigue and laziness began to hit its head up. Grindelwald had no vital plans until New Year. After all, everyone has to rest at holidays, but of course during this time he also monitored the actions of the aurors and the Ministry to keep himself always 2 steps ahead of them. So he enjoyed the break as long as he could. The love his his life lay in his arms, she rested her head tilted to his chest, as he held her close. As close as he could. Her eyes were closed, and she sighed peacefully as she knew everything was just fine. A few days ago at the Christmas dinner, Grindelwald officially announced them as a pair. She had never been as nervous as she was then. She was afraid of how their relationship will affect the movement, what will the people say. She didn't want their romance to cause trouble. But luckily everyone seemed to be okay with that.

...

This relationship was still very new to Grindelwald but he loved it with all his heart. Everytime he looked at her there was a pleasant, tingling, his heart pounding wildly and he felt like the proudest man ont he world. He wouldn't have given her away for nothing. Nothing in the world. She was his. Only his. He chose her to be his mate for life. And she will remain his. Forever. Gellert couldn't bear not to caress the face of his lover, who slowly reached for his hand, then kissed it.

"Hi, sleeping beauty." He said quietly on his deep voice.

"Hello, prince charming." She replied, and his mouth twitched into a surprised smile.

"No one has ever called me that before." He said.

"Oh, right, because you're king." She continued proudly.

"Stop." He giggled as a little pink blush appeard on his pale cheeks, and flicked her nose gently.

They looked into each others eyes, and he leaned in to kiss her. He really never thought that he'd find love.

He had never even been in love before. All his –short term– relationships could not be compared with the current one. To be honest he only had relationships when he was very young, but as his movement began to grow more and more, he had no time for such things, and to tell the truth, he did not miss it at all.

Of course, he would have had, or even still had countless 'opportunities' by his followers of both sexes due to his power and charm, but he always rejected most of them.

Sometimes he even remembered his old-former best friend when he saw that certain sparkle in the eyes of some men when they looked at him what he thought he had discovered in his friend's many many years ago.

This was strange to him as he wasn't swinging the other way at all, and it made him uncomfortable to handle those kind of situations. But there was nothing to do as almost everyone found him attractive... because he really was.

"Would you play me a song on your mandolin, please? I love hearing you play." She asked.

"Sure, my love." He smiled, and wandessly invited the instrument into his hand.

"I'm still impressed by this ability." She said when she got up from his lap, and sit close.

"I will teach you sometime sweetheart. Most spells without a wand is not as difficult as many would say. I'm sure you'll learn it quick."

"Sure it isn't hard for someone as brilliant as you."

"You're brilliant too, my angel." He smiled, and started playing a few songs to her, which he knew to be her favourites.

She watched him in fascination all the way, as every moment was magical as as she was the world's greatest dark wizard with a mandolin in his hands pay calmly on a couch and as alwas, he was perfectly beautiful.

"It was amazing." She said when he was finished with all the songs.

"Don't you wanna try?"

"Me? I've never-"

"Don't worry, my sweet love. I'll help." He smiled, and she gave him an uncertain look, but before she could say anything he gave the instrument to her, and positioned himself behind her. He passed his arms under Aurora's, placing his hand on her hands, then directing it to the appropriate part of the mandolin, carefully explaining to her the strings and the whole thing. Even she herself was a little surprised at how intensely the butterlies still flew in her belly, and that her attention was much more focused on the pleasant smell and touches of the wizard than on the music.

However she tried to concentrate a bit, ad somehow managed to make a few sounds correct, but the cold ran through her whole body as she felt her partner's hot breath on her neck. She gulped hard, and in that moment he noticed something wasn't right with her.

"What's wrong baby, you're doing amazing!? Why don't you concentrate, are you tired?" He asked incomprehensibly

"No. You're the reason." She smiled shyly, and his lips parted from the unexpected answer. Then he grinned, and turned her chin to look into his eyes. He locked their lips without hesitation, and she made a small moan during the process. He pulled her even closer, and lay down on the couch with her on the top. They kept kissing slowly and passionately, they focused excusively on each on each other's vibrations. They worked in perfect harmony.

It was a love and affection that one only experiences once in a lifetime.

When they broke the kiss for a moment, Aurora looked into the wizard's mismatched eyes. She loved them so much. She examined his face, which was just as beautiful as any day she had ever looked at him. Her favourites included his sharp cheekbones the shape if his lips and ears, and his soft ice blond hair.

During the little kiss break, Grindelwald also looked at her girlfriend in fascination and played with her long hair.

"You're the most beautiful thing that I've ever seen in my life, that ever existed on earth." He said.

"Oh, Gellert." She blushed. "That's the exact thing I wanted to say to you. You're my dream come true, and I couldn't wish for more."

"You know I do not deserve you, don't you." He asked as he caressed her face.

"You do, honey. We deserve each other to be better and stronger together." She answered, then they began into a french kissing session.