Chapter 11 - Moonlight

It started out as a completely average day; Grindelwald listened to reports and consulted with his people in his office, Aurora worked out different types of plans for him, some were on secret deployments to spy on the ministry people, in short, had their own business.

But somehow that day wasn't like any others. That day, something changed in Grindelwald's life. A decision. An idea that had never occurred to him before...

It all started when he had pondered while sipping his coffee alone in his office in the afternoon. He wasn't really used to doing that, but then suddenly something flashed to him. He turned to the window and looked out at the snow that was already melting, then down at the whipped cream on the top his coffee. Suddenly his vision blurred and pictures flashed from him of white lace ribbons, all around, flower rose petals are falling, and his love's beautiful smile, as he rolls up her first veil and looks into her turquoise eyes, and even some rings appeared in some scenes. When the series of pictures passes and he returned from staring blankly, he was suddenly shaken by the cold, and felt a little dizzy. He had no idea why he was thinking about this... Would that have been what he wanted? To marry the woman of his dreams? He found it difficult to get out of his chair even after long minutes. He would never have thought that someone would evoke feelings in him as strong as those.

After all, he wanted to stay with her forever. But he was afraid of something. What? Why would the Great Gellert Grindelwald be afraid of something like marriage? Pretty ridiculous. He just wanted the best for his love. But as he thought back to what he had seen while he pondered, at once the idea became more and more sympathetic to him. And he decided, he will marry Aurora.

...

He suddenly experineced things he hadn't for decades. He was nervous since he wanted the engagement to be perfect, and memorable. He was also worried about Aurora's reaction.

What if she will think it's too early? What if she doesn't want to marry him at all??

Well, he wasn't really worried about that, since she had already made small hints about 'when they'll officially be together forever.'

He also wanted the ring to be special, so as soon as he could he started making an unique one for her.

Weeks later, one night she dound a note on their bed which Grindelwald wote to her, that said,

,,Hey gorgeous. Put on one of your breathtaking dresses and follow the glowing rose petals for your extraordianry surprise.

Yours Truly G.G."

For a moment she went speechless, then filled with happiness and excitement, then hurriedly took a glittering light bluish-grey dress from the closet. She tied her hair up in a messy bun, leaving out the front pieces that fell on either sides of her face.

After finishing everything with slightly trembling steps, she set off in the wake of the magically glowing rose petals leading out the door, straight into the garden.

However, she had never seen the garden in the form it was then.

Candles were floating slightly above the ground, forming a path for her, which she walked curiously along.

Soon after, soft music hit her ears. The song that was played when she danced with Grindelwald for the first time. She squirmed from the memory, then passed through the huge, tall bushes in which there was an arched gate, entered a glade full of lanterns and illuminated small spheres, with a beautiful fountain with glowing aqua blue water in the middle. Next to it, the love of her life. Grindelwald was waiting for her in a dark grey suit with his hands behind his back.

"Well, hello baby. You're heavenly beautiful." He said.

"Hi, sweetheart. You're handsome as ever." She replied, and he pulled her into a slow, passionate kiss.

"How do you like the surprise?" He asked curiously.

"It's amazing! I'm really impressed Gellert."

"Isn't it too much? I was worrying it might be-"

"No, honey it's just perfect." She shooted him by placing one finger gently on his lips then kissed him again.

"Can I have this dance, miss?"

"I'd be honored, sir." She smiled with her heart beating fast, and so Grindelwald put his strong hands on her small waist, and moved with her slowly to the melody of the music.

"Do you remember the first time we danced to this?" He asked softly.

"Yes." She smiled as her mind flooded with memories. "I was nervous, and clumsy..."

"No. You were perfect. Now you're even more perfect." Said Grindelwald.

"Sweetheart, I..." She was about to say something but she couldn't put into the words the amount of love she felt.

They stopped dancing, and he took her hands into his, looking at her a bit nervously, but joyfully and warm.

"You know, Aurora, the last few months we've spent together were just literally the happiest period in my life and I want it to never end. You showed me love, and affection and took away my pain. I found a loving companion in you that I know I will never again, which is why I thought I wanted to officially have you next to me for the rest of my life." He told her with a rapidly beating heart, and a nervous smile, before he kneeled down infront of her.

He took out the ring box from his pocket, then opened it. Aurora was already sobbing from crying.

"Would you give me that inexpressible honor I could ever recieve for accepting this ring with which I respectfully ask you to be my wife for a lifetime?" He asked finally.

"YES!" She squeaked on a crying voice, trying to wipe her tears away with her other hand, until the unique noble jewel was placed on her ring finger on her right arm. "It's beautiful, Gellert! Were you working on this all week?" She asked emotionally.

"Yes, honey. I made it only for you. I wanted it to be special, just as special as you, and our relationship. It was the least I could do to show you how much you mean to me." He said, and was happier than ever in his life.

She glanced down to see it again, then another wave of emotions swept through her, she jumped into her arms, hugging him tight, then they kissed.

"Thank you!" She said, looking into his sweet eyes.

"No, my darling. There is no greater pleasure than having you in my future as a sure point in my life, since you're the only person I love more than anything. You already made me the happiest man on the planet by being my lover, but now I can't even tell how happy I am that you chose to be my wife. It's an amazing honor."

"Gellert... You are the best thing in my life, and I trust you with all I am!"

"Thank you, I do too." He whispered, caressing her face, and admiring her beauty in the moonlight. "You may kiss your groom?" He joked, and she chuckled before wrapping her arms around his neck, pulling him into a steamy, passionate kiss.

"I can't wait to marry you." He said, looking into her eyes deeply.

"Well, me neither." She smiled warmly, and let him hold her close in his arms.