24) Meri Behna? I hate her

Last Chapter and I'm screaming!!!

Dedicated to all readers, silent and active. Thank you all. Love you all 3000!!!

24) Meri Behna? I hate her

Ultimate Fam Playlist: Tera Yaar Hoon Main (Sonu ke Titu ki Sweety)

Janvi's POV

'Itna sad kyu ho yaar?' I smiled at the seated Chaudharys who were in their own thoughts at the dining table.

They looked at me, a small smile etched on their face. I shook my head and clapped my hands to get their attention.

'Today's special breakfast is on me, again,' I winked at Samar, who on my cue brought out all the eateries we had prepared for breakfast.

'Parathas, dhokla, fafda jalebi and French toast,' I gave my Sweety maami a hug, 'Meri modern maami ke liye.'

She just smiled and everyone looked at the food with grave concern towards me. It had been 10 days, yet the Chaudharys were upset that I wasn't upset. I told them that whatever happened, happened. Yet for some reason they wanted me to be angry and make a scene.

'Arey, khao toh.' I said, sitting next to my father as they nodded and started eating quietly.

My Paa looked at me with concern and I questioned him with a nod but he shook his head and ate the breakfast. I don't get why these people were being so dramatic. Whatever happened is past now and nothing good happens by dwelling in the past.

Shrugging, I helped myself with some parathas and almost praised myself for being such a good chef. Soon every Chaudhary started praising me and tried their best to avoid the hot topic which I hadn't yet discussed.

My birthday.

'Okay,' I sighed, finishing my paratha, 'Kal mera birthday hai.' I spoke aloud, getting their attention, 'But, muje koi celebration nahi chahiye. No gifts. No party. No nothing. Please.'

'But Jaan?'

'Paa,' I held his arm, 'No nothing means nothing. Tum sab yaha ho yahi mere liye enough hai. Okay.'

They didn't protest, just nodded with a smile and I smiled back. Paa let it go for now and ate his breakfast while I turned to face my brother, 'Samar. No nothing.'

'But maine kaha...'

One glare from me and he rolled his eyes, 'Fine. Okay.'

And it was settled that I wasn't going to celebrate my birthday this year.

After breakfast, when I headed upstairs Paa blocked my way, 'What?'

'Tumse baat karni hai,' He said, redirecting towards the terrace and I nodded.

What he wanted to talk was clearly reflecting in his facial expression, but I decided to let him speak. We sat on the wooden chairs, I could sense his hesitation and contemplation to touch a sensitive topic while I stayed put.

'What's wrong?' He asked, his hand on my hand.

Confused, I looked at him, scrunching my eyebrows, 'Huh? Nothing is wrong.'

He shook his head, 'Right. You had like the biggest fight with your sister just ten days back, came to know about your mothers deaths, your fathers actuality and you've been acting like everything's fantastic.'

I shrugged, not really getting what he was trying to find out, 'Why wouldn't it be fantastic? I finally know the truth, I've got my answers. I'm fine.'