Confessing

Pairing: Damon x reader

Genre: Fluff

Characters: Damon, Y/N, Stefan, Elena, Klaus (mentioned), Elijah (mentioned)

Description: When Damon gets severely injured during a fight, Y/N takes it upon herself to care for him.

Anxiety has been coursing through your body ever since Damon and Stefan left the house. They had gone to confront Klaus and Elijah on the recent killings within the town and you were beyond scared of what the outcome was going to be. You knew that there would be a chance of injury but nothing could have prepared you for what you were going to see.

Elena's cellphone began to ring after what felt like hours and she answered it in a worrisome tone. As the conversation went on, the more you noticed worry and anxiety being etched into her features. She hung up the phone and went to open the door, trying not to make eye contact with you. "Elena, was that Stefan? Are they ok?"

Elena shifted in her position, eyes darting to the floor. Your palms began to sweat as the anxiety took over more of your body. "Please, Elena. Tell me." You walked to stand in front of her, motioning her to look at you. Elena lifted her head up and took a deep breath. "Damon's been hurt, really bad. Stefans bringing him back here now. I'm so sorry, Y/N." You sunk to the floor and sobbed into your hands. Elena was the only one who knew about your feelings for Damon and it broke her heart to see you like this. She knelt down beside you and rubbed your back, trying her best to comfort you.

A few seconds later, the front door swung open. Stefan ran inside carrying Damon in his arms. You stood up and gasped at the sight in front of you. Damon was unconscious, with blood dripping from every part of skin you could see. Stefan walked into the library and lay Damon down on the sofa, rubbing his hand over his face.

"What the hell happened to him, Stefan?" You ran up to him and punched his chest, tears coming down your face. Stefans expression contorted into confusion at your actions and looked to Elena for help. "She has feelings for him, Stefan." His eyes widened with understanding and wrapped his arms around you.

"It was an ambush. We didn't expect so many other vampires to be there. At first, we managed to hold them off. But eventually, we grew tired. I managed to escape quickly but Damon wanted to stay and fight. They overthrew him. I'm so sorry." Tears trickled down both yours and Stefans face as he finished the sentence. You looked over at Damon's unconscious body and took a deep breath to regain your composure.

"Stefan, I need a needle, some thread and alcohol. Elena, I need water and some cloths. I'm not going to stand here and cry anymore, not when there is something I can do to help him." You walked over and sat beside Damon, cupping his cheeks with your hands.

Stefan and Elena came back with everything you asked for. You dipped the cloth in the water and began to clean the wounds. You rounded each curve of the cuts, being careful not to injure Damon more. Next, you poured the alcohol onto another cloth and began to sterilise before sewing each cut back together. After what felt like hours, you had finally finished but Damon still hadn't woken up.

"Cmon Damon, please wake up. There is something important I have to tell you." When there was no response, you lay down beside him and began to cry, letting out all of your pent up emotions. Stefan and Elena left the room to give you some time to yourself. Soon after though, you felt slight movement and groaning behind you. You jumped up with a start and turned to find Damo s bright blue orbs staring back at you.

"Y/N, what happened? Why am I here?" Damon tried to sit up but you pushed him back down gently. "You were ambushed when you went to confront Klaus and Elijah. You had gotten pretty hurt and were out for a few hours." Damon looked down at his body and noticed the stitches going along his torso.

"Did you do this?" You nodded and blushed, turning away. "Thank you." He turned your head back towards him and planted a kiss on your lips. At first, you were a little surprised but soon responded. Damon broke away and cradled your face in his hands.

"If it wasn't for you, I'd probably by dead by now, so this is the best time of any to tell you. I'm in love with you Y/N and what you did tonight proves that you love me to."

You opened your eyes in surprise at Damon's confession. "You - you love me?" A smile grew on your face as Damon nodded in response. You pulled him towards you and kissed him, a lot more passionate than before.

You smiled into the kiss at the thought of Damon loving you. You never thought that it would happen but you were glad that it did.