v

[ f i v e ]

"Correction; you have half a mind full stop."

"Remus?"

"Remus?"

He liked that. Her angelic voice, sending tingles across his skin, he liked that very much.

"Yes?" he turned to face Christy. As ever, her wavy golden locks were pulled back into a loose plait that fell over her shoulder, with just a few stray hairs that framed her face. Her piercing blue eyes, staring back into his. Of course these things were always there, but how was it that he'd never noticed them until now?

"How are you feeling?" she asked. He'd gotten out of the hospital wing earlier that day, and due to his lycanthropy, he'd missed yet another day of classes.

"I've been worse." he smiled weakly.
"Here." she handed him a stack of parchment. "I took notes for you."

"Oh, thank you Christy, you shouldn't have." He glanced down at the curly handwriting that looped across the page. Her notes were incredibly detailed, it must have taken quite some time.
"It was no bother, really." she smiled warmly before packing away her equipment, and her books.
"Goodnight Remus." and with that, she disappeared up the winding spiral staircase leading to the girls dorms. Leaving behind a slightly dazed but content Remus.

Remus was abruptly awoken from his daydream to a wolf-whistle ringing across the common room. As he turned towards the sound, he was met with one Sirius Black, leaning lazily against the arch-way that lead to the boys dorms, smirking to himself.

"Oh shut it, you" he muttered, hiding his reddening cheeks behind a book.
Wordlessly, Sirius turned and sauntered off, chuckling quietly.

[ ✦ ]

"We'll be duelling in pairs today class." Professor Trent said, wringing his hands together.
"I've matched you with another from the class who I think will match your abilities, so hopefully we'll have some good conflict. Remember, only use the spells i've permitted, otherwise you'll find yourself in detention." he looked across the classroom, gaze lingering on a few smug looking slytherin's in the back corner.

"First up." he began, unfolding a scrappy looking piece of parchment. "Fortescue and Pettigrew..." and the list went on, Marlene was with Evan Rosier, to her great dismay. Sirius was with James, to which they were both positively ecstatic about. Lily was with Dorcas, Remus was with Narcissa, Sirius' cousin. And finally, Christy was with Avery.

"Alright darlin'" Avery's smooth voice sent shivers down her spine. She looked over her shoulder to see a tall, dark haired slytherin, with broad shoulders and at least a good 5 inches taller than herself.