Chapter 2 : School Surprise

3rd POV
~ The streets of Paris ~

The duo made their way to school until they were stopped by a bluenette .

" Sam ! Nino ! Wait up ! " called the girl .
Sam turned to see her best friend , Marinette .

" Hey , Mari . " , they say in unison

" Hey guys ! " replied Mari , who was panting from running .

" Congratz dudette , you're 5 minutes early ! " said Nino , handing her a bottle of water .

She giggled , " Thanks for the update , Nino ." , she says , accepting the water .

Samirah was well known for her love of baked goods among the friends .

" Um...Mari , did you happen to bring any macarons ? " She asked hopefully .

Marinette smiled , " You're in luck ! I got you your own box ." answered Mari . A wide smile spread across Samirah's face as she opened the box . She felt like a child opening their present on Christmas morning .

" Thank you , Marinette ! I'll savour each and every one ! "

" Anytime , Sam . "

" Well dudettes , we better head up to class before we score ourselves detention" exclaimed Nino .

They entered the school , feeling the glares that followed them . Sam saw Alya , who had a disgusted look on her face .

"How could you ! Why did you guys beat Lila up !? "

Well , here we go again ...

Marinette sighed , " Alya , for the last time , we had nothing to do with Lila "
Mari looked toward Sam , who looked as if she were planning a murder and funeral . Alya was about to retort when the bell rang.

Saved by the bell ! The trio made their way up to class .

" Hey Sam , you okay ? You're painfully quiet ... "

" Well Mari , you never plan a murder out loud "

Marinette giggled at the comment . Little did she know , her best friend was actually serious . Sam and Nino were assassins in training after all ...

__________________________________________

While the girls were talking , Nino was silently fuming . He'd honestly has had enough of his ex - girlfriend .

"....never plan a murder out loud..."

Nino caught those words from the girls conversation . Hmmm , not a bad idea , he thought to himself.

Marinette was like a little sister to him . And when someone makes his little sister sad or unhappy .... let's just say that Batman wouldn't even be able to find their body .

Let's not even get started on Sam , she was his actual adopted sister . In that case , there wouldn't even be a body to hide , because it would be disintegrated into dust .

Yeah , he wouldn't do anything too harsh ...

He smirked at the thought of Alya and Lila being engulfed in flames

He's secretly sadistic

"Hey Nino , you okay there buddy ?"

He broke out of his chain of thought and came back to the real world from the fake one where Lila dies

" Yeah totally dudette , I'm feeling the aster" [ A/N - if you know this reference , I love you ]

Mari didn't look convinced but shrugged it off . The pals enter the class and spot a familiar blond with a sunglasses on her head . " Hey Chloe " said Mari .

" Oh ! Hey Mari-bug , DJ and Sammy ."

Chloe was a changed young lady , she realised her selfishness and apologized to every one . The class didn't believe her and blocked her out , under Lila's influence. Mari , Nino and Samirah were the only ones to notice her sincerity and they were now best friends . They secretly called themselves "The Miraculous four " or "The M4" , to honour the heroes of Paris , which were themselves but they didn't know that ... yet .

Just about as they were start a conversation , Ms Bustier walked into the class .

" Settle down students , Good morning to you all " she said cheerfully

A mixed sound of greetings echoed through the classroom.

"Today I have some exciting news , One of the students had entered the W.E. ( Wayne Enterprises ) essay competition and won our class a trip to Gotham City ! We will spend two weeks there and your parents and guardians have already agreed . "

" Even my father ? " asked Adrien .

" Yes , Adrien . As a matter of fact your father agreed as long as your body guard comes too "

Adrien nods in understanding.

" Girl , you totally did this , right ? " says Alya , Looking toward Lie-la . Lila just laughed .

" Aww , yes I actually did , I spent countless nights preparing so we could go but I didn't tell you because I didn't want attention , and my precious Damiboo probably helped to pick up too "

" Damiboo ? As in Damian Wayne ? You know him !? Girl , tell me everything ! "

Lila then started spewing out lies about her wonderful childhood with Damian and his supposed crush on her .

Sam let out a soft growl

" Permission to kill them please ? " she whispered to Nino .

" Permission denied , we don't want to clean up the blood after that now do we ?" said Nino.

" Oh please , you know you want to " she whispered in argument .

Nino sighed." You got me there , as much as I want to behead them , remember what dad says ... "

Sam grunted , " Don't kill unless absolutely necessary "

Chloe whispered in too , " why are you whispering ? "

Sam brushed Chloe off , " It's nothing , Bourgeois "

__________________________________________

Marinette was in her own little world .
Gotham City ....
She was happy that the presentation that her friends and her worked hard on was worth it , even though Lila took credit , this was an opportunity to have fun with her best friends and possibly get away from Lila , but there was no assurance to that .

This also benefitted them as heroes , and one of the main reasons Marinette participated in the competition . Hawkmoth was getting stronger and the need to find out his identity is even stronger .
Chat Noir wasn't much help , he'd barely even come to battle and when he did , it was to flirt with her !
She was thinking of taking his miraculous away , but that would mean everyone would need to reveal their identity so they could plan it out . She looked to her friends , her fellow heroes . They'd soon have to reveal everything to each other . She trusts them , so she knows that there's nothing to worry about .

Back to the reason for participating in the competition , Hawkmoth was getting stronger so she is going to seek out the help of the greatest detective known to her , Batman . Hopefully he'd help out .

Mari refrained from calling the Justice League , because she wouldn't want to wake up to an akumatized Superman .

Ms Bustier continued , " We are leaving in three days , so I'm letting you off early today to begin packing so class is dismissed "

Marinette's eyes widen . 3 days ! She may have to do the reveal today !

The pals get up and out of the classroom and Chloe is the first to speak , " Let's go shopping . "

A/ N - Woah , I'm back and this was a pretty long chapter to me . Next chapter will have some hero action and you'll see the batfam too , I think . Welp , I'm not supposed to be up , it's a school night so any way , hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading ! ✌️

P.S. If you got the reference in the story , I FRICKIN LOVE YOU and I'm glad to call you my fellow DC fan and wattpader .