#16 The Night

POV Joe

We leave the cinema with our hands held together. I'll be sure to treat the guys later for suggesting the movie. At first I had my doubts. Since I'd never taken a girl to a movie before, I thought I would take Anna to one of those boring slowburn romance movies thinking she might like it. But my friends recommended this one.

"How about dinner now? Although, I'm not sure if I've the stomach to eat anything after watching that movie," she says.

I take her to dinner, and then we walk around a bit. By the time it's night, I take her back to my car.

Once we're inside, I tell her, "Will you come to my place? My parents aren't home."

She laughs. "Ah, so that's why you chose this auspicious day to take me out on a date."

"Did it work?" I ask her.

She looks away biting her lips. Even if she's just shy I don't like it when she looks away from me. I lean in, turn her to face me and kiss her.

Panting, we separate. "Yes," she whispers.

"This is your home?" Anna asks looking around at the house. She has seen my family at the dinner party and at the lakehouse but she has never been to my house till now.

"It's okay," I comment before taking her hand and bringing her upstairs. I feel nervous as I open my bedroom door and let her in. It's the first time a girl is in my room.

We start kissing. When I start to take off her t-shirt her body lightly shivers. "Are you okay with this?" I ask. She nods and whispers, "Yes."

"We can stop anytime you want," I let her know. Although I hope she doesn't. She nods again.

I take off my shirt and then her bra. I relish on touching her soft skin as long as possible before I can't hold back anymore. I want to go further. I lay her down on my bed and pull down the waist of her pants lightly to see how she reacts. For a second, her body stiffens and then she pushes herself closer to me. I slip her pants away and straighten up to undo my own. She looks away blushing.

When I enter her she feels tight. She groans lightly in pain. I take my lips near her ear and ask, "Is this your first time?"

"Yes," she says in a trembling voice.

I don't feel the split second smile that crosses my lips before I bury them in the nape of her neck and thrust into her.

I squint and blink as the harsh afternoon light beams on my face through the skylight. The first thing I feel, beside the bright sunlight, is the lack of her body warmth next to me. I get up quickly and put on my pants. I check the bathroom. Then I go down and check the living room and the kitchen. She's not here.

A sense of restlessness creeps up in me. I don't know why. I don't like that she left without telling me. I take out my phone and call her, holding my breath.

"Hey," she says in a shy voice. I can hear her smile. I smile, too, feeling relieved. "You should've woken me up. I would've dropped you at home," I say.

"It's okay. My parents were returning early so I'd to leave at dawn. Didn't want to wake you up that early."

"You still should've. How are you feeling?" I ask. I've never slept with a virgin before, not even on my first time, so I don't know if she's in pain or not.

"I'm fine," she says. I bite my lips. "So how was it?" I ask.

I hear her faint smile before she replies, "Last night was fun."

"See? Aren't you glad you agreed to sleep with me?"

"Yes. I am. Now if you're done boasting can I go back to my life? I'm at the shop now."

I smile. "Sure. Can I pick you up tonight? Let's go out for dinner."

"Wow, you're giving the full service. Don't spoil me so much that when I get a boyfriend he wouldn't seem as good as you," she says laughing.

"No one can be as good as me."

"Probably. I really gotta go now. See you tonight. Bye."

"Bye," I say and put down my phone at the table. I realize I'd stopped smiling. When I get a boyfriend, she said. She doesn't know yet she won't need a boyfriend for as long as she has me.