Chapter 4

You walk over to his house and greet his parents with a bottle of wine.

"Tom is up in his room streaming right now but he should be downstairs any minute," his mom answers before you can ask. You walk into the kitchen and you're hit with a plethora of pleasant aromas. "We have appetizers on the table and dinner should be out of the oven in twenty minutes," his mom says. Your parents start to mingle immediately. You're distracted by watching them talk and eating cheese and crackers. You don't even notice when Tommy comes up from behind you and leans on the table next to you.

"Well hello again."

You jump a little then say, "We do seem to keep meeting."

"Let's make it official then, shall we?" He extends his hand for a handshake.

"Nice to meet you! I'm y/n!"

"And I'm Tommy!"

The handshake lasts a beat longer than it should and you both chuckle as you break it off.

"So how are you liking it in England so far?"

"Eh, it's a little too far from home for my taste."

"Oh I'm sorry to hear about that. What do you miss the most?"

"I really miss my friends mostly."

"You'll make new friends! Starting now. Hi, I'm Tommy, and I'm officially your first new friend of England."

You blush. That was the cutest thing ever. You stammer for a response, but luckily his mom chimes in with, "Dinner's ready!"

You sit down around the table. Coincidentally, You're sitting next to Tommy.

"You two seem to really be hitting it off!" His dad says, motioning to us. "It's good for little Tom to talk to the opposite gender every once in a while." You and Tommy blush and look at each other. The adults carry on the conversation without us.

"Is it true that you don't have girls tripping over themselves to talk to you?"

"It's sad but true! It's a wonder how the ladies can resist this alpha male," he says, fake flexing.

The conversation continues like this until dinner is over. Our parents are saying their 'thank you's and 'goodbye's when Tommy says to you, "do you want to hang out sometime? Your mom says you're going to my school so maybe you could come over tomorrow and I can help you adjust?"

"Wow I would actually really appreciate that. Can I have your number so I can text you?"

"Sure."

It doesn't hit you until you're entering his contact into your phone that you just asked a boy for his number and he said yes.

"I'll see you tomorrow then."

"Yeah, see you then!"

A/N Longer chapter yay!! Also sorry I forgot to update but I'll try to be more consistent. If you like the story please let me know in the comments!