Chapter 15 - The baby

2 months later

It was on a cold gloomy winter day when the country's best wizarding healer was expected to arrive at the castle. Aurora was already with her little one in the last trimester, and the time for childbirth was approaching. She became more and more nervous, even after talking to the otherwise very kind and respectful obstetrician.

Grindelwald has only dealt with her in recent days and hasn't moved much beside her. He lay down next to her a lot, stroking and kissing her belly, and talking to the baby. Aurora loved seeing this. She never thought she would one day fall in love with Gellert Grindelwald, who would marry her and even have a child together. But that's exactly what happened and she loved it all.

They didn't have to wait long for the birth, because a day later in the morning, it was finally time. The doctor she prepared everything carefully and reassured the mother that she would feel nothing of it all, thanks to a special magic potion and spell, so she would receive a painless delivery.

...

Grindelwald himself was even more nervous in the end than his wife. He didn't think for a minute that he would leave the room while helping his child into the world, but he thought it better to go a little further, well behind the white screen the doctor had summoned by the bed.

At first seemed everything is going to be fine, the baby started to come outward, but unfortunately got stuck in the birth canal. The doctor didn't hesitate for a minute, he routinely solved the problem by making a barrier cut, to make a free way for the baby, and helped a little with his hands. With the next push, the baby was already outside, signaling it's arrival with loud screaming. Then, with a light motion he cut the umbilical cord with another spell, and gave the baby to his assistant a mediwitch, who cared for the baby, cleaned it up and wrapped it in a soft blanket until the doctor quickly stitched up Aurora's wound.

Grindelwald heard the baby crying, which filled him with a little reassurance, but then he began to worry about Aurora's condition. So he couldn't wait any longer, got up from the armchair and hurried to the bed.

"Where is my child?" He demanded. "How is my wife? Is everything okay?"

His hand was shaking as hurried over to his love, who squirmed on the bed to slide up into a sitting position. He carefully helped her, but he only allowed her half-lying.

"You must not move sweetheart, just lie down." He said, preventing her from sitting up.

"Gellert... where's our baby?"

"The baby's alright, don't worry. You're alright. Everything's fine."

Grindelwald then exchanged a few words with the doctor, and suddenly the mediwitch arrived with the tiny little bundle in her arms.

"Congratulations to your beautiful daughter, Mister and Madam Grindelwald!" She announced happily.

"It's a girl!" Aurora she declared excitedly and happily as she suddenly began to sob in job from the repressed crying, as she got the wrapped up infant into her arms. As Grindelwald saw her face, he was surprised to notice the similarities she had inherited from them. Her face looked like her mother's, but her tiny ice blonde hair clearly came from him. She was really beautiful. The most beautiful thing on the entire world.

"What will we call her?" She asked, still overwhelmed

"Genevieve. Genevieve Grace Grindelwald." He said, and wiped off the streaming tears from his eyes.

"Genevieve. It's beautiful." She repeated her daughter's name, then she pulled down one shoulder of the gown and began breastfeeding the little one.

Grindelwald climbed up into the bed, and settled close to his wife and child. The doctors left the room and the newlywed little family received their so-called golden hour. He was so unspeakably happy like never before. He smiled at his wife, and gave her a long, soft kiss. Then he glanced down to his daughter, as she eagerly drank the milk, whimpering her first little voices to the world.

In that moment he knew, that the reasons of his living were in his arms, and his number one task was to raise up his daughter, and nothing was more important than that. Not even the movement. He was perfectly happy with the thought that only Genevieve and his beautiful wife mattered, whom he was most in love with, until his death.

He touched his daughter through the blanket for the first time, and started stroking her back slowly. She let out a cute whimper, and started moving her tiny arm in the blanket. She really liked the touch of her father.

After she finished eating, she began to open her eyes, and looked around.

"Look, she has your eyes!" Aurora said happily to her husband, when she saw that the little girl inherited her father's heterochromic blue and brown eyes.

"The most beautiful creature on the world. Just like you." Grindelwald replied, smiling.

"I love you, Gellert." She said.

"I love you, Aurora."

They kissed each other, and took her little arm out of the blanket, and she clenched into her mothers medical gown.

"Hi, baby." Said Aurora to her, petting her tiny hand with a soft smile. Then Genevieve turned her face to her father.

"Hi, sweetheart." He said softly, caressed her small cheek carefully, then stroked her small hand gently. She smiled, and grabbed his finger.

Tears gathered into Grindelwald's eyes, and he leaned closer to kiss her forehead. Genevieve smiled again, still looking at her dad, then up to her mom. That moment was just the sweetest thing in the world. A memory which they will remember forever.

Then Grindelwald let Aurora have a little rest, and he sat next to her with his baby in his arms, who was looking at him with wide eyes. She was so tiny and fraigle. He rocked her carefully, and started to whisper to her,

"Genevieve. My beautiful daughter. I'll never let anyone hurt you, I promise. I love you so much." Grindelwald whispered to his baby. Holding her in his strong arms, placing a careful kiss on her tiny forehead, then started rocking her slowly, while humming a lullaby. She smiled at him, which made his heart melt, then she fell asleep to her dad's deep, soft voice.

Everything Aurora had been through was about to come to an end. She was finally happy. Happy with the man she loved endlessly, and the only precious daughter of them.

For the Greater Good.