Chapter 64

Thinking about my first few weeks as a DRGNS, I somehow went a different path than I originally planned and wished for

Instead of becoming a strong and stable woman, over the last two years I had gathered and piled up so much anger and frustration that it now seemed as if there was a hidden volcano silently seething deep inside of me.
I had constantly ignored or maybe not even realized it's presence, so with time passing by, the moment of erupting just had come closer.

Over and over again, my friends had told me what to do and what not to, continuously repressing me while only adding fuel to my inner flame that gradually wanted to devour everything around it.

My own raging heart felt constricted and trapped in my own chest, hammering against the ribcage day by day like a wild animal.

I had been longing to finally release this animal since quite some time now and the mere sight of Wonwoo pointing his gun at Donghyuck's head immediately caused the cage around my wilding heart to collapse.

I was ready to risk it all.

"It was nice knowing you, Lee Donghyuck," Wonwoo's voice ripped me out of my thoughts, the alarming sirens in my head going off in an instance as a sudden wave of energy rushed through my nerves.
Before I could think twice, I already made up my mind before everything went in slow motion.

'Fuck it.'

And with that last thought, I threw every single doubt aside that had previously kept me from acting, quickly clenching my angrily shaking hands into fists.
As mentioned before, SVT had been so stupid to tie me up with cable ties that even a child could get out of, as long as it took enough momentum.

And that is exactly what I did. Not hesitating, I immediately lifted my tied up arms and let them glide back past my body with full swing and force, causing the sudden pressure to tear the small plastic band apart.

Meanwhile I could feel Mark's and Chenle's confused looks sticking onto me, but I didn't pay attention to them since I couldn't waste any more time.
Ignoring the obvious stares,  I suddenly jump up on my feet and sprint forward as fast as lightning.
I could barely see Wonwoo's finger slowly moving in order to pull the trigger, so before he could do what he wanted, I finally reached forward and tackled the boy from the side at full speed.

Completely overwhelmed by the situation, the NCT members watched as I knocked the much bigger boy down to the ground,  both our bodies painfully dropping on the floor. A tortured groan left my lips, but I promptly bit my tongue as I got a glimps of Renjun's bleeding leg and his tear-streaked face up close.

'That bastard!'

Automatically a new wave of rage flooded through me and pushed the adrenaline right into the smallest ends of my nerves.

I noticed that Wonwoo was about to pick himself up again and grab his gun, which had slipped further away due to his hard impact with the floor, but while he was trying to stand up, I kicked him in the back of his knee as hard as possible, causing him to drop back on his knees and hands.