𝖊𝖑𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

DRACO

DRACO.

She saw him cast another non-verbal spell on Fletcher, rendering him motionless.

She would've sobbed with relief if she'd been able to. She had no clue what he was doing here but at that point, she was so happy to see him she could've hugged him.

His eyes left Fletcher to rest on her and he strode over, flicking his wrist and suddenly, she was free of her invisible bonds.

Elara jerked upright, one hand against her thundering heart, the other clutching the grass underneath her as she heaved for breath, her vision flickering black.

Draco was kneeling next to her, not touching her at all but still watching her, closely. She could barely make out his grey eyes, darkened with rage, and she groaned, pressing the heels of her hands into her eyes to get the throbbing behind them to ease.

"Jacobs. Look at me. Focus on my voice."

His voice was muffled, as if she was underwater.

She shook her head, trying to tell him she couldn't and the world spun around her. She was disoriented and gasping for breath, feeling like her lungs were constricting into a knot.

"Jacobs - fuck." He seemed to realise she was having a panic attack and slid his hands into her hair, turning her head so she was forced to look at him. "Look at me. You're safe. Breathe."

She shuddered and felt wetness against her cheeks. She didn't know when she'd started crying. His hands were cold against her face and she felt as if she was burning up. Could she have a fever?

Indigo had had a fever last night. Had Elara somehow gotten the flu from her?

"... Elara. Look at me."

Elara.

That was her name, wasn't it? Yes...Yes. It was. Her friends called her El, her younger sister called her Ellie. But this wasn't one of her friends or her little sister.

Who was it? She couldn't remember, couldn't drag the thought out from the depths of her mind. It was so murky, she felt as if she was sitting at the bottom of the Great Lake.

The Great Lake. She had been there. Recently. When? A few weeks ago, yes. With... With the same person in front of her right now.

Glittering grey eyes and white blond hair. She remembered those from that moonlit night. Remembered long fingers tapping on his knee, handsome features softened in the dim light.

Draco. Draco Malfoy.

"Elara."

No. This couldn't be him. He never used her first name. But... But it was. His voice was familiar, awakening something inside her.