forty four

I normally wouldn't make a board for a chapter but I was bored... enjoy ;)

ATHENAS POV.

After 45 minutes of my begging to go home, annoyed groans, and one of Neptune's influential pep talks, we pulled into the driveway of Victoria's Mansion. When we exited Bells car, Neptune came close to my ear and whispered.

"Athena this house is huge."

"I know, it's like a damn palace."

"It's so weird to think that people grew up like this compared to how we did." She gestured to the mansion with a tilt of her head. Bell and I nodded in agreement, meanwhile Javier and Silas were too busy in there own conversation.

Catching up to the others, Dad led us into the house and we all trailed behind. Walking us through the unlocked door, up a set of stairs, and down one of the many halls, he stopped in front of two large doors.

"Before we go in, I just want to say that this is most likely a business party not a birthday party."

I wasn't expecting anything else.

"Exactly as I said, she made it about her." Eli scoffed next to me and Gio rolled his eyes.

"She probably forgot that Athenas birthday is in two days."

"I'm sorry Thena." Adriano apologized, his lips curving into a frown.

"Don't be upset Adri, I doesn't bother me. Plus, it's not even my real birthday." I gave him a nudge on the arm for reassurance.

I faced the door again and took a deep breath, "Let's get this over with."

Hearing that, Dad opened the door to reveal what looked like a ballroom.

Woah.

Stepping through the door frame, we all we're on top of a double stair case and a second floor?

Did I just walk into a movie set?

THIRD PERSON POV.

From where they stood, the group of eleven could either walk along the upper floor or head down the double stair case.

Before they proceeded down the steps, Athena glanced over the upper level.

Large stone pillars supported the high ceiling and angelic paintings littered the walls. If one were to walk around the floor they could easily look over the space below, holding on to the smooth marble railings. The side walls had large arch shaped glass windows, letting guest peek out at the surrounding trees and city lights in the far distance.

On the far side of the room, the higher level ended, not expanding past the archway that lead to a separate room on the ground floor.

Athena took note of the few guest that were up there, Whether they were admiring the artwork, or talking amongst themselves, these people seemed as if they fit perfectly in the scene.

High class and elegant.

Subconsciously, Athena followed her Fathers leading steps down the marble stair case. As the curious eyes of few guest stared at them, she was still taking in the room.

Stepping onto the polished ground floor, the group joined the dozens of other expensively dressed guest.

Just like the higher level, large stone pillars ran along the side walls, glass windows placed in between them. Multiple chandeliers hung from the high ceiling, bringing light to the large space.