Tests

I walk towards the testing room and nearly bump into B/F/N "Hey Y/N." I smile and hug her "Good morning." she grins "Are you going to the tests?" I nod and sigh "I don't really want to be a Dauntless leader but it would be rude not to accept the invention." she laughs "Your still showing your Abnegation side." I shrug "I guess its just habit sorry." she smiles "Don't apologize, have fun." I smile "I'll see you at lunch." she walks away and I continue walking towards the testing room.

The door is locked so I knock and wait patiently outside. Max opens the door and smiles slightly "Y/N good your on time." I smile slightly and follow him into the room. It is practically empty save for two desks against opposite walls each with a computer on top. Max smiles and motions to one of the desks I sit down and turn in my seat to face him. "I'm glad you arrived first there is something I wish to discuss with you before Ellena arrives."

I nod slightly and he continues "Myself and the other dauntless leaders believe you would be better suited to the job. I am aware it is not your first choice but you would be an great asset to us." I look at him confused "Your offering me the job before the tests?" he nods and I think for a moment "It is a very kind offer but I don't think its the job for me." Max sighs "May I know why?" I nod slightly "I do not like telling people what to do and do not want to risk bumping into my father ever again." 

He nods "I understand, you would have made a great leader but if you do not wish to be one then that is your decision." I smile "Thank you for understanding." he nods and (name) walks into the room as if she owns it "Sorry I'm late." Max smiles coldly and motions for her to sit at the other desk. "All three tests are on the computer. You will be assessed on how long you take and on your answers. Begin." he leans against the wall by the door and I turn to the computer screen turning it on and reading through the instructions that flash up on the screen. I continue reading and answering the questions finding it surprisingly easy. 

I finish and turn in my seat Max smiles at me and turns to Ellena obviously waiting for her to finish. After about ten more minutes later Ellena turns around smirking "Finished." Max nods "Excellent, your both free to go." Ellena stands and walks out the room. I stand and Max sighs "Your positive you don't want to be a leader?" I nod "I'm sorry." he smiles "Don't apologize, so what do you want to do?" I smile "I'd love to train initiates, but that's only part time. So I'm not really sure. I mean I like the idea of security."

He nods and grins "Eric requested that I don't put you on patrol duty." I blush slightly and he grins "It's cute how protective he is. Do you want to do something like surveillance?" I smile "Can I think about it?" he nods "Of course." I smile "Thank you." I walk out the room back towards mine and Eric's.