Chapter 40

I finish eating and then do our dishes, I dry my hands then go on my hunt to find Saint who's gone wondering off. "Babe!" I shout going up the stairs and make my way to our room.

I find him talking on the phone with his back to me as he looks out the windows, "I said no. Then postpone it. What do you mean I can't postpone it?" His voice goes into the authority voice he only uses on me to get my attention.

"Send Ly as my replacement." He orders as I make my way to giving him a hug from behind, I forgot he had alpha duties. "Fine. Okay I got it." He hangs up and I make my way around to face him.

"Is everything okay?" I look up at him and he leans down kissing my forehead.

"I have to go to this stupid conference, it's like seven hours away from here and I just-" he stops himself, my heart drops at he news that he'll be away. We just started getting along and now he had to leave? "I'll be back before you know it."

"When do you leave?" I hate how disappointed I sound, he's an alpha and he has duties, suck it up!

"Well I have to leave now because I have to get there before night falls," he explains.

"How long will you be gone?"

"I don't know."

"You don't know?" I whine pulling away from him.

"Hey don't do that," he grabs my hands and laces our fingers together "listen I won't be gone for long and I'll come back. I could never leave you." His words make my heart flutter a little and I nod, he leans in putting our lips together.

{•}•{•}•{•}•{•}•{•}{•}•{•}•{•}•{•}

Saint drops me off at my house and then leaves, it hasn't even been two minutes and I dread the distance between us.

I take the elevator up and the doors open to home sweet home, I step in meeting five pairs of eyes. I freeze in my spot fearing that I did something wrong, did I? Tomas comes up to me and we move to a side "What happened?" I look over his shoulder to my dreaded father.

"You're mother went into labor last night."

"What?" I whisper totally confused "When last night? Why wasn't I called or something?"

"I texted you, three times actually." He tells me and I touch my back pocket getting my phone out and start reading my notifications, I got two calls form Bailey, three messages form Tomas and Tili even snapped me.

"Shit my phone was on do not disturb." I tuck hair behind my ear opening my messages.

"What were you doing?" I ignore his questions and the fact that my heart just fluttered again.

"Is she still here? How's she doing?" I look back up at Tomas.

"She's still in labor and that's all we know." He tells me.

"How long have you been here?"

"Ever since yesterday."

"Great." I move towards the kitchen, I start to get out a few plate and cups and make brunch for everyone here. I serve them and then take a seat by Bailey and a sleeping Tili.

My wolf hearing pick up the painful grunts and deep breaths that's going on upstairs, this isn't my first rodeo. I've been here before waiting for Bailey to pop out and then Tili and now baby number four.

"Lia you need to shift back." Someone says but I recognize that voice, that must be Kelly our werewolf doctor. She's practically been here my whole life. I hear mom growl almost like she's frustrated at Kelly.

"I want my husband." My mothers voice breaks, I mean she's speaking which means she managed to shift to human. I glance over at my father who's staring into thin air as Saint mother rubs his back. She's here by the way.

"Kelly get me my husband!" I didn't have to use my wolf hearing to hear that. My mother has never once raised her voice at us, not even our father. I've only heard her scream two times in the past and that was to deliver Bailey and Tili, this is the third time.

Lia's a beautiful strong mother, she might not be my biological mother but she's all I've got and I'm very grateful. She's the definition of cool, calm and collective. She would bat an eyelash even if you were screaming in here face, something Bailey picked up.

"He's right downstairs," Kelly tries reassuring my mom "deep breaths Lia! Deep breaths." I hear my mom take shaky deep breath and then I tune out, I think I've had enough of that.

My eyes find their way back to my fathers who's still starring into thin air, poor him. I don't know much about mate bonds but I know for sure your mate can feel what you feel meaning my dad is probably really disturbed right now.

I try taking some time to get a some shut eye since I didn't really get any last night for obvious reasons, I turn to my side leaning on Bailey's shoulder and close my eyes.

The first image that comes to mind is me in the passenger seat of Saints car, I don't even think he knows I'm here. I miss him so bad that my minds starting to create dreams and fantasy's about him. Like is it this bad?

I look over to him, he has one hand on the wheel and the other on his gear stick. I watch his ice blue eyes pin the road and how his dark hair hangs over his forehead a little.

I would like nothing more then for this to be reality so he could just grab my hand or something, but the fantasy soon ends as a black coat covers my subconscious and I hear someone calling my name.

"Nadia!" The voice says again and jump awake, I blink my eyes into focus and see its Bailey that's waking me up "The need you upstairs."

"What?" I rub my eyes.

"Now!" She rushes me and I stumble getting up and walk towards the stairs.