Chapter 17: Astronomy Tower

The Hospital Wing was quiet as injured students got a good night's rest

The Hospital Wing was quiet as injured students got a good night's rest. Cedric sat beside Amora's bed as she peacefully slept. Madam Pompfrey told him that he was lucky he got Amora to her in time, or else her broken ribcage and bruised spine could have been much worse. Madam Pompfrey gave her a Sleeping Draught to numb the pain so she could sleep through the nurse healing every part, much better than Dobby ever could. Madam Pompfrey didn't question anything, knowing that she was in a relationship with Roger but also well aware of the power the Davies held in the Ministry of Magic.

Aaron, Belle, and Ned had to go to sleep back in their dorms, but Cedric refused. Rey was planning on going to sleep but she saw her weary friend sit beside Amora, his face hard with no emotions.

"Ced, go get some sleep, I'll watch her," Rey soothed as she tried to pry Cedric from his chair.

"How did I let this happen?" Cedric muttered, his voice cracking.

"This wasn't your fault Ced. It wasn't any of our faults, especially not hers. Sometimes bad things happen to good people," Rey explained. Cedric stood up slowly and let Rey take his chair. He was still exhausted from the Second Task that day, but he felt guilty leaving her there. His lips pressed against her forehead softly and he took a couple steps back, his shoulders sagging. Cedric gave her one last look before turning around and exiting the Hospital Wing, ready for a good night's rest.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

Amora was hoping to wake up to Cedric's face. Or Aaron's. Or Belle's. Or Rey's. Or Ned's. Or Tyler's. Or Cassie's. Or Draco's. Hell, she would even be happy to wake up to Voldemort's face. The last thing she expected when she woke up was a hand clamped over her mouth. Her eyes shot open as she tried to breathe. She raised her arm up to reach out for whoever was pinning her down.

"You miss me darling?" a cold voice snarled. Amora blinked past her blurry vision and was horrified to see Roger, but this time his hair was a mess and he had a couple of bruises on his face. She then looked for help but saw Ben Ferry holding Rey with his wand on her throat. His other friends, Lukas Terrence and Nile Hinesale, both were standing in front of the scene, making sure the coast was clear.

Roger planned this out. He wants revenge. Why can't he just give me a freakin break?

Something in Amora snapped. She was scared, the same scared little girl that lost her mother in Azkaban. She bit down hard on Roger's hand, and before she could stumble away, his wand was pointed right in her face.

"Not this time. You're not getting away this time," Roger snapped.

"Why can't you just leave me alone?" Amora choked out as her weary body tried to move. To say she was sore was an understatement, she could barely move a bone in her body.

"Because I love you, and I care about you, don't you understand?" he rolled his eyes as he dramatically threw his arms in the air.

"Stay the hell away from her!" Rey hissed as she fought against Ben and Lukas' grip. Ben's hands began to wander around her figure and Rey froze. Her eyes went wide as he whispered something to her, and a tear rolled down her cheek. Amora realized that this was the worst possible scenario. Rey was in distress because of what Amora had done.