30: Broken Family

Warning! This one is an angst with a very powerful theme, one where (y/n)'s father has left, her mother is abusive and she's forced to look after her baby sister. Obviously because it's me there is a happy ending, but if the nature of this story is too much for you then please don't read! I will understand completely, I don't want to upset any of my lovely readers!

Requested by: Happy_bwirus

(Sorry it's taken me so long to get to your request, and I hope you like it!)

Quirk: Cat

 I came from a broken family. My father felt claustrophobic in his relationship with my mother, as she was became a drunk just after I was born. As soon as he found out she was pregnant with my sister, he left, unable to take it anymore. I had wished more then anything that he had waited until Mitsuha was born so he could take the two of us with him, but instead he just vanished, leaving behind a small goodbye note.

It was a miracle that Mitsuha survived birth due to the incredible intake of alcohol my mum had consumed during her pregnancy and beyond. I was left in charge of my sister as my mother wasted all of my hard-earned money on more alcohol. I had to balance two jobs, school work and my sister, it slowly becoming too much for me to handle.

This didn't stop me from applying to UA. I would become a hero, make money and give my sister a life she deserves, leaving my mother behind. When I got the acceptance letter into class 1-A, Mitsuha (despite being a baby and not knowing what was going on) was clapping at my happiness. My mother however apparently celebrated by opening another bottle of beer.

I didn't quite appreciate just how much work UA was, and it was beginning to get incredibly intense. I did have a few good friends in the class though, one of which was Shoto Todoroki. Once he began to open up after the sports festival, we became close enough to be considered best friends, however there was one slight problem. I sensed that I was slowly falling for him, as my heart rate would always excel around him, I'd find myself thinking about him often and I blushed a hell of a lot whenever I was with him. It was fair to say this did not help with the stress that was building up inside of me.

One evening I was busy feeding Mitsuha outside on the balcony, and thankfully my mum wasn't home. I wasn't sure where she was, but a big part of me didn't really care. The flat was a mess: beer bottles and cans scattered everywhere, cigarettes in the ash tray and dirtied plates on the tables. I refused to let Mitsuha breath in the disgusting smells, so the two of us would often spend time out on the balcony or in my room where her cot was.

I was busy singing to her when suddenly there was a knock on the door. I put her back in her high chair and turned it to make sure she could still see me as I walked through the flat towards the door. "Todoroki," I was startled when I opened the door to see my best friend and crush standing there.

"Hey, you said you didn't have work today so I wondered if you wanted any company?" He asked and I smiled at his thoughtfulness. I glanced back at the mess of a flat, telling him to come in but head straight to my room. I collected Mitsuha then went to join him, her apparently recognising Todoroki as they had met a few times, plus he had quite a distinct appearance. "Hi Mitsuha!" He said brightly, reaching out his hand to hold hers. It was seeing him being so gentle with my baby sister that became one of the reasons I fell for him.

Together the three of us sat on my bed, Todoroki and I discussing the recent homework from Ectoplasm and him helping me with it as maths was not my strongest subject. Mitsuha soon became sleepy so I put her in her cot, smiling at how peaceful she was. "(y/n) I- I don't like seeing you live like this," he mumbled suddenly.