◇52◇

🥀 Chapter 52 🥀

🥀 Chapter 52 🥀

THUS BEGAN A new era for Wellston Private High School.

A new King and Queen have taken the hierarchy by storm, asserting their dominance quite firmly in the ranks. Not a single student was clueless to this fact. They all knew their old days of school were about to change.

But the real question was: for better, or for worse?

Only time could tell.

-

Three concise knocks resonated at the door of the shared hospital room that currently held the injured high-tiers of Wellston. Remi sat up straighter upon hearing the knocks, welcoming the person to come in with a brief call.  The mood of the room wasn't the greatest to say the least, considering the four that were there happened to be the same four that recently suffered a humiliating defeat singlehandedly. These four being, if you couldn't tell by now, Remi, Blyke, Arlo, and Isen.

"I see you and Blyke are recovering well," A cheerful voice beamed.

Realizing who had come to visit, Remi immediately was choked back on her tears. "Y-Y/N—!!"

"W-woah, slow down! You're still recovering, so you should take it easy." Y/N reasoned, rushing to the pinkette's side in assurance.

"What brings you here Y/N?" Arlo asked nonchalantly, though he slightly averted his gaze and  cleared his throat.

Chuckling, she replied while Remi's tears soaked her shoulder, "Obviously I'm here to see how my two good friends are doing. I was worried out of my mind when I saw your injuries before."

In an almost ashamed tone, Blyke muttered, "I...I heard you defeated Joker, Y/N. After he knocked us all out, you were the one who managed to finally beat him."

"That reminds me of something I've been itching to say," Arlo interrupted, clearly irked, "How could you do something so reckless and dangerous?!"

Sweatdropping, Y/N smiled nervously, "Well I still won in the end r-right? Don't be too mad please."

Pinching the bridge of his nose with a heavy sigh, Arlo released his pent up frustration. She was right. There was no point in lecturing her about it now. He was just glad everything worked out anyways. The corner of his lips tugged upward, and he placed a hand on top of her H/C hair, ruffling it ever so slightly. "..You did a good job."

She scrunched up her nose with a cute eye smile. "Thank you."

Blyke felt strange.