(15) Promise

I'm really sorry about not posting last week!! I made a super long oneshot to make up for it, though. (This is actually the longest chapter/oneshot I've ever written on Wattpad!, over 2000 words!!)

Ok, so I wanted to try out the AU where you can only see in black and white until you meet your soulmate. Then you can see in color ;)

That's all!

Enjoy!

"12 BUCKETS OF PAINT ON THE WALL, 12 BUCKETS OF PAINT, TAKE ONE DOWN PASS IT AROUND, 11 BUCKETS OF PAINT ON THE WALL!!" You and the rest of your junior class giggle as your teacher yells at you once again to quiet down in respect for the bus driver.

Today, you and the rest of the 11th grade were going on a field trip to the Museum of Natural History. Every year each grade at your highschool would take a day off to go to a different location across New York for a field trip, and every year the schedule was always the same. The 9th graders went to the Central Park Zoo, the 10th graders went to the Queens Botanical Garden, 11th graders visited the Museum of Natural History, and The 12th graders went to Ellis Island.

You were overjoyed to finally be visiting the Natural History Museum! History fascinated you, and you were over the moon to be able to visit an entire building dedicated to the subject. Your best friend (Female FN), was confused on why this was. She always poked fun at how much you geeked out over history in you classes, and would call you crazy when you'd be exited for a challenging piece of homework.

As you happily bounce up and down on the ripped brown bus seat, (FN) taps your shoulder and points out her window. There it was. The Museum of Natural History. You silently squeal as you take a second look at the large building.

The bus pulls up to the curb, and opens its doors. "Okay everyone!! Single file lines out the door!" Mr. Harrine shouts, earning himself multiple moans from the class, from you in particular.

You and the rest of your class step out. The crisp autumn air nips at your ears and nose. Leaves blow down around you and some students and adults comment on their beautiful color. Not that you would know.

Your parents always went on about how amazing it would be when you found your soulmate and could finally see color. They said it was "almost as great as finding your soulmate."

You sigh and glance around. Once again you can only dream of what "orange" and "red" look like.

"(Yn)!!"

You glance over to see (fn) beckoning you over to her. You stand next to her as your teacher hands you a name tag.

You and the class walk into the museum. Your jaw drops at how large the lobby is. And that T-Rex skeleton...wow.

A woman with short curly hair approaches your group. "Hello! My name is Rebecca. I'll be guiding your group around the Museum today." She gives the group a pearly white smile-Finally a color you're used to. "Today we'll start off with the hall of miniatures." Rebecca says, and leads everyone down the hall.

As you all walk, you glance around in awe at every little thing. It was absolutely amazing!! A couple of hours later, Rebecca lead you down another hall. As you walk farther, and farther down, your head starts throbbing. You place the palm of your hand across your forehead, letting out a slight moan.

"(Yn)?? What's wrong?" (Fn) asks, placing her hand on your shoulder.

You wave her off. "Just a slight headache. I'll be fine." You say, smiling. There was no way that you'd end this trip early because of a stupid headache. You've waited for two years for this trip!