➳ 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐮𝐠 𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐝

∽𝒟∽

∽𝒟∽

Jieun heaved a heavy sharp breath, her feet automatically taking her backward until she was backed on the bookshelf of the office.

The four men started discussing things as if she wasn't even there. Discussing things about her.

"Namjoon-ssi..." she whispered at the man leaning against the door. "What's going on here?"

Her small voice made all of them stop and look at her.

Yoongi was the first one who spoke, "Sorry, sweetheart... You must be confused to see me here."

She nodded slowly, which made his smile grow wider.

"Should we explain it to her?"

Jin grinned darkly. "Please."

"The situation is quite simple, Jieun," Yoongi said, pushing the chair to sit down. He raised both feet, placing on top of the table before taking a drag with his forever cigarette. "I like money. It's kinda obvious to you by now, right?" when she didn't answer, he chuckled. "I learned with my father that it doesn't really matter where it comes from, as long as you keep making it... As you can see, I'm here now. In the enemy's house, doing business with him... That's how much I don't care about the sources."

She frowned, her heart knotting painfully. "You never wanted to find out anything..."

"Actually, I did," he chuckled. "Hell, this man was being a pain in the ass for stealing my customers and my clients. Of course I wanted to find out his other dirty business! And with money, Jieun, you can find out whatever you want just like that," he snapped his fingers. "Except, in the end, I never had to, since Jin was the one who told me himself."

"Maybe you should start from the beginning, Yoongi," Namjoon advised, seeing the despair in the girl's face.

Yoongi moistened his lips, leaning all the way back on the chair as Jin took a sit on the couch, spreading himself there. Kai and Namjoon both stood by the door in case she decided to run.

"A month ago, you were seen at Maru Club alone, dancing..." the leader stated. "Two of Jin's workers saw you and tried to approach, but then someone stepped in and they couldn't... well, proceed with what they were assigned to do. So, both had to wait for the right time... But unfortunately... they found out you were Jungkook's girlfriend, my dealer, which complicated things a little for them."

"We can't mess with each other's partner," Kai said. "It's a common rule. Yoongi lost two of his men when they tried to touch my girlfriend, Jennie."

"And that's when I chose to put our differences aside for a while, I mean, if it was for a good cause," Jin said from the couch.

"Jin contacted me," he added. "At first, I wasn't all for it... drug-dealing is one thing, but human traffic is another."

Her eyes snapped open. "Human... what?"