Chapter 2

Alexis' POV

       The feast ends and everyone exits the great hall. I wait for the girls to stand but they continue conversing at the table.

        "We usually stay in here for awhile," Paige leans closer to me. "Houses can't share common room passwords so it's the only place we can all really spend time together."

      I smile and nod. The group has grown and there are now ten of us girls. Abbie and Anna from Gryffindor. Lisa and Alyssa from Hufflepuff, along with Paige. And of course the girls from earlier.

        "So what's it like having Professor Snape as a dad?" Anna giggles.

       I let out a heavy sigh. "It's honestly quite nice."

      Everyone looks at each other then starts laughing.

      "We're not laughing at you," Lisa states. "It's just hard to believe."

      Before I can respond I see two red headed twins walking towards our table. One of them takes a seat beside Abbie, and the other places his arms around Amber.

        "What are you ladies talking about?"

      "I don't believe it's any of your business." Abbie says playfully.

      Amber looks up at the boy behind her. "We're just chatting with the new girl."

               The twins both look at me and smile.

    "Alexis, isn't it?" The one next to Abbie asks. "I'm Fred, that's my brother George."

                  "Weasleys, I've heard many stories." I chuckle.

       "Snape isn't a fan of our work I assume." Fred sighs.

          I shrug my shoulders. "He's a teacher, what do you expect?"

       George and Fred nod in sync. As we all continue to chat more people join the table. I should be overwhelmed, but I'm just grateful Malfoy hasn't shown up. I don't think any of them get along with him.

         "Ron, stop eating my pastries!" Alyssa shouts.

      Paige and Cedric hold each other tightly while having their own conversation.

       Every once in awhile someone asks me a question about Snape. For the most part I sit and observe. It's interesting seeing all of the houses being so close. When I was at Beauxbatons, the girls made it seem as if it was a constant competition.

       "Sorry I'm late," A boy enters and sits next to Luna. She gasps at the blood coming out of his nose.

        "Where have you been?! And why are you bleeding?!"

       He picks up a napkin off the table and wipes his face off. "Just Malfoy being Malfoy."

    The boy smiles at everyone and stops when he sees me.

           "I don't believe we've met," He says. "I'm-"

        "Harry Potter," I interrupt. "My father has mentioned you."

            His eyes grow big. "Your father?"

      Luna elbows Harry. "This is Professor Snape's daughter."

       "Oh! I didn't know he had a daughter, or a family..." Harry trails off.

         "Well, here I am." I sigh. "I'm Alexis, by the way."