• | Chapter Twenty-Seven | •

|  Wednesday ~ Mid-December. . .

Christmas vacation had started early for Riley since she only had a few classes than normal this past semester. While some people were still at school taking their exams, she was lounging in bed against the many plush pillows in a pair of black spandex shorts and a teal tank top with Michael between her legs and his head lying comfortably against her stomach.

Given the lack of people that had signed up for the Sex-Ed course before Michael's arrival, he was able to wrap up everything at the school sooner than expected as well. The last of his students had finished their exam for his class early that morning and Riley was already comfortable at home by the time he texted her. As soon as she sent, "Come over", after relaying that her parents weren't home, he wasted no time driving over.

Lilo & Stitch 2 played on her flat TV screen as she gently massaged Michael's scalp and played with his curls splayed over her stomach while he snacked on some caramel popcorn he had picked up on the way to her house after leaving the school early. The bowl rested on his stomach, and every once in a while he would hold it over his head towards Riley so she could grab a few pieces. His other arm was extended beneath the arch of her right knee that was propped up beside him and his hand was lovingly occupied with stroking the outside of her bare leg.

"I missed this movie." Michael said after a while, then laughed softly at one of Stitch's antics. "I haven't seen it since..."

She noticed that he sadly trailed off. "Since when?"

He shook his head and plopped another piece of caramel popcorn into his mouth. "Nevermind. So, when does Winterguard officially start? I'm surprised Trent isn't making you practice this week."

"He can be a butt sometimes, but he understands how stressful and important exam week is. We're not going to start officially practicing until after Christmas. Competition doesn't start until February." She noticed the change of subject, but she wasn't going to force him to talk about it.

"I can't wait to see you dance again." Michael said and she felt her face heat up with a smile. "You're the only reason I came to those football games."

"Stop it. You're always making me blush." She giggled and he laughed softly.

"I can't help it. You're so cute when you get all flustered and stuff." He put the bowl of caramel popcorn aside, then turned onto his stomach. He was right near her heat which made her blush harder than she ever had in her entire life as her eyes rounded in surprise and her heart nervously throbbed, provoking a wave of goosebumps to blanket nearly every inch of her skin.

The rays of the sun shining through her opened blinds and curtains reflected off of his usual bewitching eyes, giving it a chestnut glow. His smoldering stare never broke contact with her own chocolate irises as he slowly moved down to kiss her inner thigh through the thin fabric of her shorts. His bold, flirtatious action caused her to cover her face shyly. His angelic-like laughter rang out again before he slid up her body and put his arms on either side of her as he hovered close to her face.

"Stop hiding from me, cutie."

She slowly uncovered her face and he took her hands to pin them above her head against the colorful array of pillows. Their fingers leisurely laced together and their lips were only just a small space apart as he admired her beauty. Riley could feel her heart fluttering in excitement as she subtly tried to keep her breathing steady and relaxed while taking in the way his long voluminous curls framed his gorgeous face. He leaned further down and teasingly brushed his soft lips against her cheek, then pecked the corner of her begging lips. She turned her head slightly so their lips could perfectly align and he smirked.