iii.

| 12:11pm

+ aera.

you're getting what!? I shut my eyes tightly at the sudden raise of Chaeyoung's voice, wincing. hey, calm dow she stands abruptly, standing infront of me while I am sitted on the swivel chair. it's a good choice i talked to her about this during lunch break or else we're going to cause a scene in the middle of working hours. don't tell me to calm down! last night, I clearly told you to let your frustrations out because you were hurt, I told you to have fun. I never told you to get married with a stranger!

we're not married! we didn't affixed our signatures on the paper yet.

that's not the point! you're getting married in a week! with a stranger? what were you thinking?

i thought that the stranger whose name is Jaehyun, is very attractive and it's a fucking waste to let it pass. plus, we're given a week to get to know each other. see? its not that bad.

what drugs are you on, seriously? she groans, plopping down on her swivel chair as she stares hard at me, is this a joke to you?

I shake my head as a small wistful smile makes it's way on my lips, no. but i realized that i just got freaking proposed to. if not this time, who knows when else am i getting married? next three years? five? and it's with jaehyun, i might not know him deeply yet but he's considerate enough for me to tell he's a good person.

you're going to marry when you find the one and when the time's right. you shouldn't be rushing things. she explains, trying to calm down and talk in a quiet way.

what if this is the right time? and the right person? we wouldn't know if we won't go along with it. i smiled widely, wow that was disgustingly sweet.

and if it's not? Chaeyoung really has a penchat for crushing my dreamy imagines and slapping harsh realities on my face. what if everything goes wrong? what if he's not the right person for you?

if that happens,then there's divorce and we part ways. someday, it would be something i call as an experience.”

you're weird. most people treat weddings as once in a life time experience, that's why they wait for the right person and right time because they don't want to mess it up. she shakes her head, while you on the other hand, you're treating this like an experiment. like a trial, a marriage trial.

it's a memory waiting to be made, Chae. I grinned widely, just imagine letting this pass and years from now I'll think back about this. I'll surely think things like 'what if I married that guy years ago?', it would make me curious and restless because I didn't get to experience it. i clicked my tongue, and you know me, i want to live fully because i don't want to have any regrets. she made a face before I continue, you know, i have this strong feeling that if I won't do this, i'll surely regret it in the future.

do you know how stupid you sound right now?

i smile cheekily at her, be there on my wedding day, okay? you're going to be my bridesmaid. she made a noise of protest, nuh-uh. not until i meet this jaehyun-guy. there's no way i'm handing my non-platonic soulmate over a complete stranger.

speaking of that, i may have to take half of the day off. she eyes me accusingly, we're going to get to know each other, right?

Chaeyoung was about to talk when a knock resonated through the office, a co-worker stands over the door awkwardly, “aera, there's someone looking for you. she made hand gestures as a man walk up behind her, you're here early, jaehyun.Jaehyun smiles widely at me, dimples showing on either side of his lips.

Standing up, I gather my belongings from my desk. Chaeyoung kick me in a not so subtle way, on the second thought, why don't you get married first and get to know each other after?she smiles widely at me before looking back at Jaehyun, i told you, you're going to like him. Her face fell and she shakes her head, i like his face but that's it. im still not going to hand you over until I get to know him.