𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏

────── ♫♫♫ ──────

────── ♫♫♫ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍

────── ♫♫♫ ──────

As soon as the bell dismissing class rang, Lexi grabbed her backpack and raced out into the halls. She wove through passing students while avoiding the eyes of a certain brown-eyed boy until she found Flynn. The two best friends did their secret handshake and made their way to find their third Musketeer. When they saw the curly-haired girl with the faded red hat, the raven-haired girl grabbed Lexi's hand before dragging her toward Julie.

"Hey, underachiever," Flynn and Lexi greeted Julie as she took a book out of her locker before turning to face them.

"Hey, disappointment," Julie smiled before turning her attention to Lexi, "scaredy-cat."

"Okay, I know you don't want me to ask you this, but have you figured out what you're gonna do today?" Flynn asked the girl in plaid.

"I'll know in the moment."

"Really, Jules? That's all you're giving us?" Lexi said, causing both girls' eyes to land on her, "Mrs. Harrison said this is your last chance."

"I know. I was there," the curly-haired girl sighed just as the person they all hated's voice filled the air, causing them to turn to see Carrie handing out flyers to passing students.

"What is she handing out?" Flynn scoffed just as the Wilson girl's eyes landed on the trio.

"Desperation?" the ginger-haired girl suggested before she turned her eyes away from the girl walking over to them and back to her two best friends, trying to avoid speaking to the strawberry-blonde girl.

"Here you go. My group's performing at the spirit rally tomorrow," Carrie said as she handed them flyers for Dirty Candy, "I'm sure you guys have nothing better to do."

"Oh my gosh, Carrie. Thanks!" Flynn mocked while Julie gave the girl a fake smile and Lexi continued to avoid any eye contact.

"Oh my gosh, Flynn! Don't bother coming," the girl in pink retaliated before sending the three girls one last fake smile and walking away to pass out more flyers.

While Flynn crumpled up the paper that was handed to her by the lead singer of Dirty Candy, Julie's smile turned genuine while she stared at the blonde boy on his phone near the trio. As soon as Flynn and Lexi realized what their friend was glazing at, they exchanged a look before they turned their attention back to the girl in plaid.

"Nick? Still?" Lexi questioned, drawing Julie's attention away from the boy and back to her two friends, "you know he and Carrie are gonna get married someday and have a bunch of unholy babies."