CHAPTER 2

Genesis

I glide down the stairs and see my father, Riccardo, with three other guards next to him. They are all wearing masks. As ordered.

My father wants to keep his men and their line of work quiet without the exposure of their identity. I suppose it was a way of protecting their privacy as well as their livelihood.

He's talking to someone. Tall, Muscular, and handsome. From the looks of it he's young but looks older than me in some ways. But I can't see his face due to the mask he has on. As I approach them my father steps out of his way and I get a better look at him. I couldn't help but stare. Thankfully, no one would notice with the huge sunglasses hiding my face. It almost looked like I could be hung over with the size of them.

"Ahh genesis, this is Liam Moretti. Your body guard. He will be with you at all times." Says my father. I give a bitchy face to my father but he doesn't care to notice. I wanted my father to see that I was upset; I wanted him to care.

Liam's eyes travel down my body. We stand in silence waiting for my father to make the next move. My father gives me a look, gesturing that I acknowledge him.

Sighing, I hold my hand out to shake his. I can't stop looking at him either, which makes me want to not even shake his hand. He extends his hand and I see the number of tattoos, marking their territory on his skin.

"Well I have some things to take care of." Says my father. I nod and walk to the stair way. I start walking up hoping to get away from him. I really don't need him. I glance down at my father and Liam, and see my father grab his arm.

He pulls him aside quickly.
"Don't take your eye off her. You will be with her every moment. I don't want my line of work to jeopardize my daughter's safety. She plays a big role in my life and work." He urges

Great.

"Yes sir." He replies. "Take her to the dining room. I won't be there for dinner so you will stay with her." He catches me watching him. I quickly turn back around and race up the stairs. I hear him coming close behind. "This way." He says, leading me to the opposite direction of my room.
I stop for a moment a peer behind him and he watches my actions.

"You see, I don't really need you. I was just putting up a front for my father. You can go now." I say, darting my eyes in another direction for him to go to. He already looks annoyed.
"This way." He says again and puts his hand on my back and walks me to the dining room.
He sits me down and walks across from me and stands with his hands folded.
I sigh.

The time I waited for dinner to be served felt like a life time with the tension between us. Maybe this won't be so bad. I could have fun messing with him. There's nothing better to do in this hellhole.

He stands across from me and examines me. "Don't be shy." I say. "Trust me, I'm not." He says, with no emotion. What's it gonna take to crack this guy? Once the chef brings out my food and announces what he made, Liam turns away from looking at me.

The silence kills.

"So... since we're going to be around each other all time time, tell me about yourself." I say as i take a bite. "Look, I'm not to socialize with you." He leans back against the wall.

Just another one of my fathers perfect minions. I don't want a Body guard nor do I even need one. I'm done with this crap. "Excuse me." I say as I get up and walk out of the dining room.

Once I'm out of sight I begin to run back to my room. All the sudden I hear foot noises. It's him. He must've heard my stupid heels clacking away.

He takes swift strides after me. He grabs me by my shoulders and pins me against the wall.
"Where are you going?" He asks breathing hard. I push him off of me. "To my room. I'm not hungry." I turn on my heel and try to walk away but he grabs my arm.

"You can't leave my sight." He pulls me back to him. He insists on doing his job properly, especially since he was just hired to this position.

"Listen. I'm eighteen, which means I'm an adult. I don't need a babysitter." I say, trying to break out of his grip. "Well my boss says other wise." He says. I keep trying to break out of his grip.
He grabs me and pulls me in front of him.

"I wouldn't try to resist. It won't work." He says.
I roll my eyes. I reach down swiftly and grab his gun and point it at him. He gives a surprised but proud eye exchange to me.

"I've lived here all my life, and I've been around all these people. You don't think I don't know how to disarm someone?" I say with my brows furrowed. It was a genuine question. He quickly grabs the gun and grabs hold of me.

"And you don't think I don't know how to disarm someone who disarmed me?" He says.

I smile.
He lets go.

I let out the breath that was caught in my throat. "Your gonna be difficult."He says with a deep exhale. He puts his gun back on his holster.
"Let's go." He says and leads me to my room.
He looks around when we get into my room.

"I'm gonna shower and get ready for bed.." I say. "Okay.." he says. I see him looking around. His eyes travel across the walls of this room to my bed and land on the chairs that sit comfortably next to my bed.

"Do you always have to wear that mask?" I ask.
"I'm sure you already know that answer." He says. I smile and sit on the bed. "I'll be back when your done.." he says walking out of the room.

I flop down on my bed.

"He didn't say the body guard was hot.." i say quietly to myself.