Chapter 9

•Schlatt•

Finally, the Ferris Wheel stopped and we ran through the exit, confused at what to say next.

"Who would have thought."

I heard Wilbur mutter.

"Hmm?"

I asked.

"Oh, I never thought I'd be lucky enough to end up with a cute American boy."

I laughed.

"Oh it's going to be hell from now on."

He gave a little chuckle, then we headed back to the apartment.

I made some food then went to do my homework. I mean, how else would I get good grades?

I sat down at my desk and proceeded to do my homework. It was pretty easy.

Except math.

~~~~~~~~

About an hour later and I'm still struggling.

I hear my door slightly creak open as I feel arms wrap around me from behind.

"You okay there Schlatt? You sounded kind of mad."

He said, obviously hearing my quiet complaining thought the walls.

"Just stupid math homework."

He glanced over it once.

"I'll help."

He leaned his head closer to me, in hopes of being able to read the problem better, but all I could focus on was his hot breath.

"Okay, if you multiply each side my whatever the denominator is, it will become like a normal problem, then find x."

He finished as I nodded my head, starting to understand this rocket science.

I tucked the papers into my bag and glanced at the clock.

10:23

I let out a yawn as I landed on my comfortable bed.

Wilbur came and laid next to me, which I leaned on him and fell asleep as he ran his fingers through my hair.

•Wilbur•

I climbed into his bed for cuddles, which I think I received? Schlatt's affection is complicated.

It was a pretty good day today, but tomorrow sure was going to be a crazy one.

I slowly fell into sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to the alarm I set on my phone. It was about 7:10 and Schlatt wouldn't be awake for another three hours.

I quietly got up and headed to the door, where I got my keys of the hook.

I plugged in an address on my phone and soon enough, I was getting terrible directions.

Soon enough though, I reached my destination, an old White cottage.

I knocked on the door and was greeted my an elderly woman. She invited me inside, which I entered quickly since it was freezing outside.

"Wilbur, right? Anyway, we have three kittens and a litter of eight puppies, anything you're interested in?"

She gave me a sweet smile, in which I returned.

"Yes, actually I would like a cat and a dog, if that's okay with you."

I said, she nodded and lead me to another room.

There was a litter of kittens, one of them caught my eye though.

It was trying to snuggle up with anything in sight, it had black fur and a little white dot in between its eyes.

I didn't look away, so the lady assumed I had chosen.

"Oh, no surprise there!"

She says.

Then I walk over to where the kittens are, I see a grey striped one and instantly pick it up and walk over to the lady.

"How much?"

I ask, trying to sound as nice as possible.

"Haha! Didn't you see the sign silly? They were found of the streets, so free."

I chuckled at my stupidity before heading out with the two floofs.

I leave then both in the backseat and start driving.

~~~~~~

I get home and realize the animals had fallen asleep next to each other, I thought it was so adorable.

I walked inside with the floofs and allowed them to explore.

"Ahem."

I hear Schlatt say behind me.

"Oh, Schlatt, funny seeing you here!"

I manage to sputter out.

He looked at the animals and then at me.

"Schlatt, can we keep them? Please!"

I asked, making sure to look as sad as possible.

He sighed and I went over to kiss him. It was short but he froze for a bit.

"The cat's name is Silverfish."

He simply said.

I laughed as I went to go make lunch while Schlatt played some video games.

I guess some simple burgers would do.

I quickly made them and walked in to Schlatt's room to find him taking a nap on his bed with Silverfish and the dog next to him.

I took a quick picture then woke him up.