[5]

The Twinkie stopped a couple houses away from mine so I wouldn't get caught by my parents since Topper was at a party at Sarah's house. I said goodbye to everyone, then hopped out of the back and started walking to my house when I heard the back door slide open. I turned around to see JJ running towards me.

"Hey, JJ, what's up?" I asked, and he stopped right in front of me with a huff.

"We forgot to tell you to meet us at the Chateau tomorrow morning," he said, and I nodded.

"Okay, what time?" I questioned, and he seemed to be thinking.

"Just get there before I wake up, which is at like 11," I giggled at his words and shook my head at his inability to get up early.

"Okay," I started walking away when he grabbed my hand. I looked back at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"I-uh . . . . I um-I'm glad you came with us today," he stuttered and scratched the back of his neck. I smiled with a blush and looked at the ground.

"I am too," I glance back up to see a mischievous smile planted on his face. I didn't get to see what he was about to say or do because we heard a car pull up next to us.

"Well, well, well!" Topper shouted, and we snapped around to see him in Kelce's car with Kecle in the driver's seat.

"Topper," I exhaled and pushed JJ behind me slightly in fear that Topper would try to beat him up like he did John B.

"You know what, I'm not going to yell," he sighed and rested his arm on the open window, "just get in the car," he complained, and I nodded. I looked back at JJ with a sad smile before starting to get in Kelce's car.

"Uh, no," JJ said and grabbed my arm, Topper's jaw clenched.

"Get your dirty hands off my sister," he hissed.

"I thought you said she wasn't your real sister, so it's not your responsibility to take care of her," JJ snapped, which made Topper scowl.

"He was there!" He yelled at me, and I winced.

"So?" I asked.

"So?! You're dating a pogue! Let alone this low-life!" He shouted at me.

"We aren't dating! We're just friends! And JJ is not a low-life!" I defended.

"I think his father would think differently," by now, JJ was fuming, and his grip on me tightened.

"Just shut up! You don't even know him!"

"And you do?" I froze, and he rolled his eyes.

"Get in the damn car," he spat.

"No," JJ snarled and tugged me back, "I saw that bruise you left on her Kelce! You two hit her!" he barked and pointed at the two boys. Kelce shot his head to look at me. He hadn't looked at anyone this entire time.

"You bitch," he glared at me.

"It's not my fault, the makeup rubbed off!"

"Then how comes he knows about Topper?" He asked, and I gulped, "get in the fucking car!" He raised his voice, which made me quickly yank out of JJ's grasp and hop into the backseat.

"Babe," he looked hurt as I mouthed a "sorry," and we drove away. Once Kelce dropped off Topper and me, my brother turned to me.

"So? I thought I told you to stop hanging around those pogues," he said calmly.

"I know. But Top you have to listen to me they-"

"No! It's either the kooks or the pogues! No in-between! So what's it going to be?" He asked, and I stayed silent, "answer me!"