27

The next day was Sunday, and the sunniness from the previous day had gone, it was now hidden behind a curtain of overcast, it was still somewhat warm though. It was honestly preferable, this kind of weather.

Having stayed up later than usual, Norman was also waking up later than usual. He had stayed up thinking about many things, but the main thought of the night was the topic of love. Growing up the way he did, he couldn't remember the last time he truly loved somebody before now. Usually, even if you haven't had any love interests, you would at least have the love of a parent, or a family member, but if he was being totally honest, this is one of the first times he's even had a good parental figure. He's had a few, though.

Taking into account his childhood, is it safe to say that Emma is one of the first people he's ever truly loved? How can be even be sure that this is love, how do you confirm a feeling you've rarely felt?

Having woken up somewhat later than usual, his phone buzzed on the nightstand, this was around the time the group chat tends to start up. By the sounds of it, they were already in a conversation, and he decided to look.

Emma: Hey guys! How are you doing?

Ray: Do you always wake up on the right side of the bed or something

Emma: Yep!

Ray: how

Emma: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gilda: I'm good! Hows your new dog, Emma?

Emma: My what

Ray: Her dog is doing fantastic, thank you for asking Gilda

Don: Do you guys always have to wake up this early?

Emma: Its 12 PM!

Don: Early!

Emma: You guys are mean, only Gilda answered my question :(((

Ray: Because unlike you, we aren't morning people

Don: Yeah, go bother your boyfriend or something

Emma: I did! He isn't awake yet :(

Oh shoot, he slept in so late that he missed her 'bothering' him. Clicking out of the group text, he went to her name, and sure enough..

Emma: Goodmorningg :) <3333

She sent that an hour ago! Now fully awake, Norman began to draft a response.

Norman: Hey, goodmorning! I slept in this morning, sorry for the late response heh

He sat up, and thought for a moment. He woke up pretty late, but what was he intending to do with his day? He didn't think for long, because the group chat started back up again.

Ray: Of course he isn't, literally none of us are morning people

Gilda: But I am!

Ray: Ok miss four-eyes

Don: Hey, don't call her that!

Ray: Protecting your girlfriend, I see..

Emma: Oh snap!

Gilda: What??

Don: Shes not my girlfriend!

Ray: Thats a shame

Norman shook his head to himself. He really had to wake up to this? He was about to set his phone down, when he got yet another text, but this time from the group chat of Ray, Emma, and himself.