ARC 15 : DEATH CYCLE

Chapter 204: Death Cycle (II)

TL: Resonance

Shang Ke left the town and chose to travel through sparsely populated suburbs. Along the way, he picked up a few good weapons. Unfortunately, firearms such as guns were mostly out of bullets and only classic weapons such as long sabers could be used. He had wanted to get himself a car, but had to give up due to the lack of fuel.

In the evening, Shang Ke found a few production plants in the suburbs. There was a river near the factory and the river water was surprisingly clear. It was probably because it hasn’t been polluted by industrial waste or waste water for many years and relied on its own purification ability to gradually recover.

Shang Ke took a bath in the river and took out the things in his bag to wash. Wearing only his underwear, he hid himself in a factory. He hung the washed clothes on the window to dry. It is now summer and the clothes only need one night to dry.

He did a rough search around the factory and didn’t discover any zombies. They might have all gathered at the city or they might have hid themselves. To be safe, Shang Ke found a relatively hidden yet easy to escape room to be his place of rest.

The night quietly arrived and the sound of mosquitoes could be heard. However, they didn’t seem to dare to suck Shang Ke’s blood. Shang Ke leaned on the wall and couldn’t sleep. He looked at the mosquitoes dancing in the air in great numbers. It was strange. There was clearly no light in the room, but his sight didn’t seem to be affected. He could even see the cobweb at the corner clearly.

If Shang Ke looked at a mirror now, he would realise that his eyes were glowing a dark golden colour in the darkness, looking like a dormant cheetah.

Since Shang Ke couldn’t sleep, he decided to test his own power. He tested one by one, from his body coordination and flexibility, arm and leg strength to magic and cultivation techniques. Although a little rusty while doing it, he realised that he could easily execute the techniques of the martial arts he had learned before. However, magic and cultivation techniques weren’t feasible. They seemed to be limited by the spirituality of his physical strength. He could only use basic skills such as lighting a small flame or Qinggong etc.

Although it didn’t meet his expectations, it was sufficient for protecting himself as long as he was careful. Moreover, he also had an immortal body. But if possible, he really didn’t want to experience death again.

In the dark night, zombie cries sounding like crying ghosts and howling wolves could be heard and were very horrible. A few wandering low level zombies appeared outside the factory. They don’t have a conscious mind and their senses are dull. They wouldn’t be attracted as long as one doesn’t make too much of a ruckus.

Shang Ke did his physical training quietly within the darkness while listening to the cries of zombies.

Time passed little by little while he trained and the next day eventually arrived. When the first ray of light shone in from the window, it also quietened outside.

Shang Ke wore the now dried clothes and carried his travel backpack. He carefully watched the surrounding for any movements. After confirming that there wasn’t any danger, he walked out cautiously from the factory.

The air in the suburbs was fresher than the air in town. He would occasionally see some broken bones and rotten meat, but they were rarely seen in piles.

“Who’s there?”

While Shang Ke was on his way, he suddenly heard an alarmed soft shout coming from a nearby grove.