39. Open Up.

Shizukana's P.O.V.

Today was a fine day. Well, it's still 10 am. But still. It looks like its gonna be a good day.

I am on my way to the Hokage building. I was called for some reason and was told that there were some matters to be discussed. I didn't exactly know what matters but I'm sure I'll be fine.

I reached the Hokage building and walked towards the Hokage's Office. I knocked twice on the door and opened it when I heard a come in.

Inside was Kakashi Sensei, Shikamaru, Asuma Sensei, Lady Tsunade and Lady Shizune. Lady Tsunade was seated on her chair and Lady Shizune stood next to her holding a pet pig dressed in a jacket and a pearl beaded necklace.

I closed the door and stood next to Kakashi Sensei. I bowed my head to everyone in the room and Lady Tsunade broke the silence.

"Now that everyone is here, why don't we get to it." She said looking at Lady Shizune. "As you know, the Chunin exams weren't officially ended. However, I've found some of Lord Third's notes and he has chosen the graduates for the Chunin exam." She said holding two files.

She looked at me and Shika with a flashy grin. "Congrats brats. You are promoted to Chunin." She said making everyone in the room except Shikamaru and me to smile.

I narrowed my eyes before widening them. I looked at Shikamaru who shared a similar expression to mine. I then looked at Kakashi Sensei and he was holding a file and a Chunin vest. He was giving me a closed eye smile.

I gave back a bright smile as Sensei handed the vest and the file to me. I looked at Lady Tsunade and Lady Shizune and bowed. Lastly, I looked at Shika and gave him a wide smile to which he just chuckled.

Time skip...

Naruto was bursting with joy when he saw me with the Chunin vest. He hugged me and started gushing about how next year, he's gonna pass the Chunin exams.

Sasuke on the other hand showed some different type of emotion. At first, he was surprised but then something flashed in his eyes and he congratulated me before walking away. I was kinda disappointed at his reaction but it was expected of him.

Hinata's was overjoyed. She was talking a mile a minute when we met at the bakery she loves. By the end of our conversation, she was flushed like she just ran a marathon. It was fun listening to her talk.

After that, I decided to visit my parents. Well, that means the cemetery. I haven't visited them for a long time but I try to visit them whenever I can.

I walked through the gates of the cemetery and past the many headstones until I came across theirs. I place the fresh flowers that I bought from Ino's flower shop. They were Easter Lilies. Mom's favourite.

I sighed before sitting down on the ground. Their graves were beside each other and it reminded me of the way they died. Trying to reach each other in their final moments.

I touched their headstones before lying down on the ground with my back to the ground. Well, the grass and dirt might get my clothes and hair dirty but I didn't mind. It's the least I could do.

"I just graduated Chunin," I said aloud, hoping they might be able to hear me. I know silly right? But it feels nice to talk to them. Even though it's a one-sided conversation. "Shika also passed the exam so that means we are the only new batch of Chunin graduates for this year."

I patted the vest which was sitting on the ground next to me. I smiled when I remembered a conversation I had with my parents.

Flashback. ( 8 years ago.) Shizukana is 4 years.