10

Everything was pitch black exept for the maid and Angelina. Around each of Angelina's finger is a red thread. The red thread around Angelina's thumb was tied around the maid's wrist. Angelina approached the maid and lifted her head by her chin and looked at her coldly. Then a cold smile appeared on Angelina's face.

"... I'll remember you.."

'The Traveling soul' The red thread then turned black. After that everything around her became normal again and time started moving again.

Angelina found herself in the maid's body. Angelina's body and expression looked normal and it doesn't appear suspicious so Angelina (now in the maid's body) was relieved.

"So!? What happened!?.. Speak!" The duke shouted in rage. The truth is that duke doesn't actually believe Angelina did it, cause to him Angelina was too meek and innocent. But he always wanted to punish Angelina, so he took this opportunity to finally vent all his anger.

"I...I...." Angelina (in the maid's body) looked at Evelina with a nervous face "Lady Evelina...please help me!"

Evelina was shocked and started to panic "you!..uh...what are you talking about!?....you..how dare you ask me for help after you put insects on my bed.!" Evelina was stuttering and sweating as she didn't expect the maid to say such a thing.

The duchess was confused on why the maid was pleading to Evelina so she asked Evelina "Evelina.. what's going on..!?"

"I- i..I don't know!" Evelina was extremely mad at the maid, glaring at the maid (Angelina)

Angelina was shocked but at the same time she wasn't surprised. Angelina was mostly confused. Was Evelina always like this? Even if Evelina wasn't always like this..when did she change?

Angelina felt nothing as Evelina was shooting glares at her. She did feel disgusted and disappointed at herself for being fooled by Evelina in the past and letting Evelina win. Angelina ignored Evelina's death glares and continued with her act.

"Tell us what exactly happened now!" The duchess was having an uncomfortable feeling. A little part of her speculated that Evelina was hiding something but she didn't want to believe it since Evelina was her beloved daughter.

"Well..." Angelina pretended to act reluctant " I was cleaning the hallways...and lady Evelina told me to get some insects and place them on her bed and...blame...lady Angelina.."

Everyone was shocked, including the maids present.

"Evelina...is this true..!?" The duchess didn't want to believe it but she could tell the maid (Angelina) was telling the truth since Evelina was clenching her teeth and trembling in fear.

"Wha... what..no! I- i...th..this maid is slandering me!"

Angelina took control of Angelina's body again so she could respond to what the "maid" just said.

"Sister...this isn't true right...I refuse to believe you would do this do me!"

"I-..i..." Evelina couldn't believe that she got completely betrayed by the maid, who's name is actually Betty, a senior maid who's been working in the Skyler Mansion for years and is someone who was loyal to Evelina.

"You lowly maid! How dare you slander my daughter!" The duke was furious at the maid.

"Please believe me your grace! What I said is true! I agreed to follow lady Evelina's orders..but...i couldn't bring myself to frame lady Angelina! Please forgive your grace!" Betty (Angelina ) said while sobbing. It took a lot of energy from her to go back and forth from the maid's body and Angelina's body but she pushed on.

"You!...father! This maid is telling lies!" Evelina cried and insisted she was innocent

Angelina was quite impressed with Evelina's acting. With Evelina's cute and sweet face, Evelina looked like a innocent young girl that has been misunderstood. Angelina commended Evelina's acting in her heart.

' ho...your acting is truly convincing my dear "sister" ...no wonder everyone took your side in the past...but this time...i won't let you win in the end..even if I die again...I'll drag you down with me! '

"Someone! Take this maid away to the dungeon now! Hit her with a wooden plank 30 times!" The duke said while hugging and comforting the crying Evelina.

Angelina left the maid's body and stopped possessing the maid's body. When She went back to Angelina's body, the maid's original soul awoke again. However she doesn't remember anything that happens while Angelina was in control of her body, so she was confused on why she was dragged away by the servants.

"Wait...what the..!? Hey..! You idiots let me go!" The maid struggled fiercely and was cursing the servants as she was being dragged away.

Evelina then turned to Angelina and said with a teary expression "sister...hiks hiks...you believe me right...? Don't believe that maid..! How could I do such a thing to you..? Don't let that maid break our... sisterhood apart!"

'Sisterhood..? Ha...how funny..' Angelina couldn't believe Evelina's shamelessness. Evelina's words only fueled the flame in Angelina's heart screaming for vengeance. But she hid her true emotions and responded to Evelina words "of course sister..how could I believe an outsiders words! You are my beloved sister!" Angelina said while smiling gently at Evelina.

"Hmp! Good! sisters shouldn't fight with each other!" The duke said

Angelina cursed the duke in her heart. Sisters shouldn't fight..? Hah! They are really father and daughter! The duke is clearly biased! If Angelina ever did a bad thing to Evelina, he probably would punish Angelina without hesitation.

After everything that happened both Evelina and the duke lost their appetites so they both left. Evelina would eat her dinner in her room and the duke would eat his dinner in his study. Angelina also lost her appetite and wanted to be alone, but she felt bad if she let the duchess eat alone so she stayed to have dinner with the duchess.

Then after having dinner Angelina went back to her room. Marie could tell Angelina was in a bad mood so she left Angelina alone after she helped Angelina change into her night gown. She was unaware of what happened in the dining room. Marie was in the kitchen helping a maid clean, when another maid told Marie to take Angelina to the dining room immediately because it was urgent.

When Angelina was finally alone in her room she sat down on her bed and In frustration punched her pillow countless times. Then when she ran out of energy, so she stopped and laid down on her bed.

What happened completely disgusted Angelina. In her past life she was betrayed by the people she called her "family" and now she was being schemed against by her "father" and "sister". She didn't know if she could ever trust people again.

In the past the Marquess was quite nice to her, after he adopted her and let her receive the best education and would give her many gifts. Her brother would also treat her well. Sometimes he would take her to train with him and would teach her how to use a sword. Her adoptive mother, the Marchioness was quite cold, but Lilith didn't think much of it.

There once was a time where she was a little sad at her adoptive mother's coldness and asked Olivia for advise. Olivia told her that the Marchioness didn't hate Lilith but was just strict. She said the Marchioness was strict to Lilith because she cared about Lilith. Lilith believed her and never thought about it again. But turns out that was all lies... They never cared about her. It was all a facade.

Before Marquess Bailey adopted Lilith she was a beggar in the street without a name. She was extremely skinny and was very weak. She thought meeting the Marquess was the best thing that happened to her but now it was more like a curse.

She used to be respected by the nobles and they would always praise her for her intelligence and beauty. But behind her back they were insulting her arrogant personality. They all envied her luck. To them Lilith was just a poor beggar that got lucky. Lilith never had real friends, they were all fake...

In both lifetimes Lilith couldn't feel the warmth of having a family that genuinely cares her. It would be a dream come true if Lilith could have a loving family as Angelina.

The only person who showed even just a little bit of sincerity to her....was the Emperor.