Birthday party

I stumbled back and now my head is hurting.

"Are you okay?" Nick asked me as he stretched his hands to hold me.

No.

"Yeah...yeah. I am fine." I managed to say moving away from his hold.

My first instinct was to turn around and run away from him as fast as I could.

But my legs decided otherwise. They stayed there as if it had been glued to the ground.

"I am sorry I didn't see you coming." He said.

Of course you didn't see me even once.

"Oh.. it's okay." I said looking everywhere except towards him.

"Want to grab a burger?" He asked after a long pause which felt like an eternity.

"No." My answer was short and rude.

"Something to drink?" He asked again.

I can't stand here anymore or else I am sure I will agree to go with him.

"No." I said again and turned around and walked towards my bicycle. I could feel he is coming behind me but I ignored that and quickly got on my cycle.

"Hey wait!" I could hear him calling from behind but I paddled my cycle as fast as I could and ignored him.

As soon as I got home my phone is flood with Nick's message.

*Where are you?*

*I am waiting for you at the parking lot.*

* What was that?*

*Why did you ignore me?*

*Why are you not receiving my
calls?*

Seriously. I am ignoring him? This is too much. He is behaving as if I did something wrong.

Its feels like I am dealing with two different persons; one who lives in my phone and the other who mentors me in the classroom.

I chose to ignore all of that and went to take a bath. I shouldn't get anymore involved in this situation now. This is just a crush and I am going to get over it as soon as possible. Yeah, that is what I am going to do.

To stop myself from reeling today's events , I got busy with my studies. Suddenly my phone rang. I checked my wrist watch to see the time. It was 11:00pm. Nick's name displayed on the screen. Yes I saved his number.

I stuck to the decision I had made earlier and ignored his call. The phone stopped ringing and the very next second I wanted it to ring again. But it didn't.

I stared at my phone for a long time but there were no notifications. I guess he has understood I don't want to talk to him anymore.

Are you sure? Mini me asked.

I ignored her because we both know the answer to it.

This is the first time I have wanted to talk to a guy this bad but also don't want to talk to him at same time. I hate these confused thoughts.

I kept my phone aside and went to sleep.

****
"When will you come tonight?" Lisa asked me as we walked down the hallway.

"After school I will have to go home to grab some essentials then I will come to your place." I said her. Tomorrow is her birthday and like every other year we are going to celebrate it together.

"Okay. Don't be late." Lisa said as she went for her basketball practise and I walked towards the computer lab.

I walked really slow as I didn't want to face him. Yesterday I was so excited to go for the classes and today it's exactly the opposite. My thoughts have never been this fluctuating before.