Chapter 37.2 ~ Eevee part 2

"Clemont! I thought you got the electricity fixed!" Bonnie exclaimed angrily again during the darkness. She tried to see in front of her at the same time, but the room was so dark again that it didn't work out very well.

"I did, but the thunder apparently cut them off again," Clemont replied irritably that his work had been completely useless. "Serena, is Braixen still here somewhere? I need the light from her torch to be able to go down to the basement again."

"Sure," was Serena's voice. Clemont didn't see her, but turned his head in the right direction with her voice. "Braixen, could you..?"

But she did not have to continue, for Braixen had already lit her torch. "Braixen brai," she said as she stood beside Serena, sitting on the floor, holding her stick, which she had turned into a torch again, in her right paw,

"Thank you, Braixen," Clemont said to the fox-like Pokemon and this one nodded. "And now, let's go again.." But his sentence was broken, for he saw in the light of Braixen's torch how just then Serena suddenly stood up and looked alarmed.

"Serena, what now?" asked Ash as he stood up as well, and looked worriedly at Serena, who seemed to be looking for something with her gaze, and was becoming more and more alarmed all the time. "You look like you've lost something important"

"I don't see Eevee anywhere," Serena said and began circling the living room around in the light of the Braixen's torch. "It was next to me a moment ago, but now it's gone, and I don't see it anywhere."

“It must have been frightened by the thunder and went into hiding somewhere,” Clemont reasoned and got up as well. "It can't be far."

"Agree," Bonnie also stated, putting her hands on her hips. "Come on, let's find that little Eevee!"

"Right!" others said and then they began to search Eevee.

****

They searched and searched everywhere in the house, but Eevee was not visible. The task was not made easier by the fact that the house was dark and the only light they had was a Braixen torch, a few candles that Serena found in a closet, and one flashlight. With these, they tried to see in front of them and look for little Eevee in a house that was nothing small.

The longer they searched, the more desperate Serena became. She had looked under the couches, not Eevee, the kitchen, not Eevee there, from the bedrooms, no sign of Eevee, and the bathroom, but had not found Eevee in any of them. And that didn't ease Serena's worries.

Eevee was also not in the basement, in the loft of Ash and Serena, nor under the sofa cushions. In the end, they had to admit that Eevee had disappeared like ashes into the air and it made them all very worried.

"No sign of Eevee," said Ash, coming from the restroom he had inspected, and joined the others into the living room, which was lit by Braixen's torch and those few candles. Bonnie sat on the couch, squeezing Dedenne in her arms, and Serena walked around the coffee table and tried to think of another possible hiding place for Eevee. She didn’t come up it and she huffed in frustration.

"Eevee has to be somewhere!" she exclaimed and made another round around the table. Braixen had to make a sudden move as Serena's hair swung dangerously close to her torch and was close to burning. "It couldn't have just disappeared!"

“Yeah, but we’re already exploring the whole house,” Ash said, sitting down next to Bonnie on the couch. Pikachu jumped on his shoulder and Ash scratched it a little distracted behind his ear. "And Eevee was nowhere. I don't understand where it could have disappeared."