twelve

__________

𝒐𝒐𝒑𝒔, 𝒂𝒄𝒄𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒑𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝒎𝒚 𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒑𝒂𝒈𝒆. 𝒐𝒉 𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒍.

𝑯𝒂𝒚𝒍𝒐𝒇𝒕 - 𝑴𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝑴𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓

__________

No one believed me until I made them

__________

Kitioma Hadlee

Stares follow me through the halls. I scowl back, giving glares to whoever tries to give me the 'kicked puppy' look.

"Staring at them won't make them look away, you know," Marlene nudges my shoulder. Marlene has been my only true friend throughout the last week or so when I was healing in the medical bay.

"And? I'll do it anyways," I huff.

"You know, sometimes I do wonder why you weren't sorted into Slytherin," Marlene snorts.

"Because maybe I'm not a muggle-hating rich hoe?"

Marlene gives me a look. "Jeez, Kiki, what's gotten into you today? Is it that time of the month."

I scowl and shoot her an evil glare. "You know, I can be a bitch without being on my period. It's called having human emotions, Marlene."

Marlene shrugs. "Just a guess. So, where are we going?"

I roll my eyes. "To jump off of the astronomy tower, duh." I snort when Marlene gives me a look. "I'm joking...it was a one-time thing, I swear." She gives me another look. "Chill, Mar, I'm not gonna do it again! And to be fair, it was that or be killed by Tom."

Marlene sighs, shaking her head. "You're not helping the rumors by trying to blame Tom, you know."

"How many times do I have to tell you guys that it was Tom? He's not been guarding me, he's been abusing me! He's tricking all of you!"

Marlene slaps a hand over my mouth. "Shut it, Kiki! Do you know how many strings I had to pull to convince them that Godric Gryffindor's great granddaughter wasn't insane?"

I wrench her hand away from my mouth. "I'm not insane! He's literally manipulating all of you!"

"Tom wouldn't do that! He's Head Boy, he's smart-"

"He's smart! Exactly! How do you know he's not smart enough to trick his way into people's minds?! He can get into your head, Mar, he can read your thoughts. He's a psychopath!" I hiss.

"Kitioma Hadlee, do not call the Head Boy a psychopath! He's been protecting your life!"

"From what?" I cry. "What the living hell is he protecting me from?! Himself?!"

"From the people setting out to attack Hogwarts, Kiki!" Marlene says back, her voice deadly. "Don't you see? The ministry is being taken over by dark anti-aurors and they're coming after you because of your blood! Do you not know what would happen if someone got ahold of you? You would be tortured, your blood would be used to make them stronger, and when you're close to death, they would heal you up, only to hurt you again.

"Can't you just accept some help so you're not left bleeding out in one of their manors? We've been trying to protect you, us Gryffindor prefects, on Headmaster Dippet's orders! Just accept that you have people willing to put their lives at risk to help you, including Tom!"