41: Boldness

A/N: thank you for 6k reads <3

The Alpha was sitting in front of his fireplace that was burning bright; a wooden wolf was on his hands. His mind was taking him back to that day that old familiar figure came to visit him. Visit perhaps wasn't the right word. They had come to haunt him again. With their little prophecies and dreams. The same dreams and prophecies that haunted his dad and caused his death. He didn't believe them, he didn't believe in anything besides fear and death. Well, he used to think they were a bunch of crap; all until his father died.

His father had dedicated his whole life into stopping that prophecy, that the same old figure had given him many years ago. It was only a matter of time until it was his turn to try and stop it. For his father had failed. Instead of killing it, he had been the one that had gotten killed. The Alpha, however, had tried to do stuff differently. Being smarter and more sly about it – like a snake. He'd slowly sneak into their lives, into their hearts. Say one or two lies, blackmail. Come up with little plans to steal her away. Just something that could be done undercover, without catching the other's attention.

Even then, he had failed to do that, just like his father. Instead, the rug had been pulled right from under his feet. That bastard had gotten to her first, even if, he knew about her existence for longer. So, now, he had no other choice but to use his pack's old tactics. He'd hunt them both down, like his father had done to the others. He'd have some fun with them. Break them one by one. That was the positive aspect of sharing such a past with those two ... he knew exactly where it hurt.

"So, this is what they call "killing two birds with one stone" uh?" The Alpha's words echoed on the empty room; laughter fell from his lips. "Get rid of my friend. Get rid of the prophecy."

In one swift move, he threw the woodden wolf into the burning flames, watching it vanish with glee.

"Revenge is finally here"

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾

The young female wolf was running through the woods, attempting to reach the meeting spot as fast as possible. Taehyung was waiting for her there, leaning against an old tree. Once they were facing each other, she quickly delivered the message from Minki. Taehyung scrunched his eyebrows in confusion but, either way, thanked her. She, then took off, heading towards the place where she usually stayed at.  

As he had been instructed, Taehyung went to see Namjoon in his cabin. The older Alpha had been waiting for him since he knew today was the day Minki was supposed to report. Taehyung walked in, his hesitant steps revealed the confusion that swirled in his mind.

"So, what do we know?"

Namjoon asked as he sat down on the couch next to Jin who he had invited to discuss some pack affairs with. Taehyung let his body fall on the couch and heavily, he sighed.

"Minki is apparently integrated in the pack already. He had to prove himself to their Alpha so he killed someone over there." Namjoon nodded his head, already expecting this sort of behavior from the notorious killer. "He mentioned that they are building what it seems to be some sort of a gigantic bonfire, although he doesn't know what it is for or when it will be used."

Taehyung was fumbling with the matching necklace that him and Jimin had, a habit he had gained throughout the years. Namjoon and Jin shared a look between each other, both curious about how Taehyung was acting.

"The most curious thing about it is that... After Minki proved himself, one of their scouts came into the room panicking. People had entered their territory and killed one of their members."