chapter six

o l i v i a

"I have to admit," Hayden starts. "I didn't think he would react that calmly."

"Of course he did," Annalise chimes in. "The New York Blaze didn't make him captain for nothing."

"I'm still in shock, too. I don't think he's fully taken in the news, but I also believe his reaction was genuine," I tell them.

It's a little hard to relax and enjoy the massage I am currently getting because my friends continue to hound me for details—even though we had a two hour long phone call last night after Parker dropped me off at home. I guess they haven't gotten their fill yet.

"How was your meeting with Rebecca?" Annalise asks.

"I'm walking in the Prada show in two weeks," I say. "Hopefully, I don't puke on the runway."

Earlier today, I met with my modeling agent Rebecca along with my manager Georgia to discuss brand endorsements and upcoming photo shoots and events. All I could think about the entire meeting was how they'll react to my pregnancy. Let's just say there is a high chance I will be unemployed in the next few months.

While a pregnancy is something I should disclose to Rebecca and Georgia, considering my line of work, I've decided not to tell anyone else. I'm also really early in my pregnancy to be announcing the news to everyone. But the biggest reason for keeping it on the down low—I haven't fully come to terms with how this pregnancy will affect my life.

Not to mention, this will also impact my relationship with Parker, or shall I say friendship. Prior to me finding out I was pregnant, I couldn't stop thinking about the one night we shared together. In those four weeks, I almost dialed his number a thousand times. I told myself that I didn't have time for a boyfriend. Funny how that turned out.

I know we're only "getting to know each other", but I'd be lying if I said the image of us being a family didn't cross my mind. But that is a far cry from reality. As much as I want to embrace everything Parker offers, it all just seems too good to be true. Like I'm giving myself false hope. Like I said before, I don't think he has fully grasped the news quite yet.

"Olivia, you don't seem to be doing much relaxing." Hayden takes a peek at me, then puts the cucumber back on her eyelid. "Spa day is meant for de-stressing."

I inhale a deep breath. "Sorry. I got a lot on my mind. Thanks for setting this up, Anna."

"Of course," she says. "So tell us about your date tonight."

My thoughts automatically go to the blue eyed blonde Adonis who has taken over my brain. "We're going to that new Italian place on 44th," I grin.

"Ooo! Your first public outing!" Annalise exclaims.

Shit! I didn't even think about that. My mind was so focused on the whole Parker-baby thing that I completely forgot about how the public will react to our 'friendship'.

"Even though I can't see you, I can feel your nervous energy," Hayden says. "Just so you're prepared for tonight, you and Parker will probably be the talk of the town."

"Wow, such comforting words," I quip.

"But who the fuck cares what other people think or say about you," she says.

I do, I want to say. "

"Just remember that if they gossip about you, they're just jealous," Hayden reminds me.

"Totally agree," Anna says. "Anyway, what are you wearing tonight?"

Hayden cuts in before I can respond, "You should totally wear that black baby doll dress with your red Louboutins. Your legs will look killer."