Pain

When John woke up, he looked around his dark room and he noticed there were two other bumps in his bed. The teenager looked at his phone and saw that the time was 4:30am. John tried to go back to bed but couldn't, the only thing he could see when closing his eyes was Claire in the middle of the field with bodies around her. John slowly got up from his bed covered up both Clem and Seraphina up with the one small blanket he had, put on a black hoody and his shoes, grabbed his wallet and house keys.

John arrived at the gas station he got himself a bag of chips and a Arctic Cherry Gatorade while for Seraphina and Clem he got them both breakfasts burritos and some OJ from a open restaurant. John sat on the curve opened up the bag of chips and began to eat it; when he was halfway done with the bag he got a flashback to when him and Claire became friends, then to what Adrion said about Claire's betrayal . After the flashback ended he put it into the grocery sack and began to get up from the curve, the only thing he could think about was how he's a monster and how he doesn't care about how he hurts others. If Claire didn't reveal his ability, would he have continued to beat up the royals, would he have possibly hospitalized Remi the girl that he had feelings for. Would he even be in a relationship with Seraphina, would he even have helped Clem, the joy of his life ? John already knew the answers to all the questions. With the news that New Bostin is going to Wellston, John thought time himself would he be able to face the people he put in the hospital. John looked down at his and it was already 6 am. John decided that it would be faster if he called a Lyft.

When John made it to his house he noticed that both Clem and Seraphina were still asleep in his bed. John pulled his phone out of his pocket to see what time it was 'huh it's 7 Clem should at least be awake' he thought to himself. As John made it to his room he noticed that both Seraphina and Clem were awake but Clem had her face buried in Seraphina's shoulder and was sobbing. John sat down on his bed and grabbed Clem and gave her a hug.

" I-I-I thought you left me and I would be alone again"

"You would never be alone as long as your with me or Sera"

"I k-know but when I woke up and only saw Sera I thought that you were gonna leave me l-l-like everyone else"

"I would never leave you and I would never leave Sera"

"Then where did you go." As Clem broke away from a hug wiping the tears from her eyes.

"Seeing as I don't want to make breakfast and Sera can't cook I went out and got food." John noticed that Seraphina was staring at him. Knowing Seraphina, the young black haired boy told Clem to go and get the table ready and that both Him and Seraphina will be there shortly.

"What's bothering you Sera?"

"You had another nightmare huh."

"Nah"

"John I know when your lying why won't you tell me what's wrong?" As she finished that sentence she went over to John and put her hand on his shoulder "I'm here for you, trust me."

"I don't want to put the emotional baggage on to you. I feel like I have already asked you for too much."

"You can never ask for too much John I care about you and I want you to get better. Oh and John I can cook."As she finished her sentence she brought John into a hug and then before the hug broke up she kissed John on the lips. After they broke the kiss up both John and Seraphina went to the kitchen table and saw that Clem had neatly set the table and already put the burritos on the table.

Time Skip and in the group chat

John: man I have to give a speech to new bostin

Claire: we already in Wellston