°Caffeine part 2°

Kaycee entered the small cafe, pocketing her phone as she tried to look decent before Sean would see her. And to her, that seemed impossible with her black sweats, pink hoodie and messy hair looked like it came from the olden eras. I look like I came from the stone ages, Kaycee thought to herself, as she stared at her reflection in the glass door.

'Uh-miss, are you going in?' A lady with a pram tapped her shoulder. Kaycee head snapped backwards to meet the ladies face and she flushed beet red when she realized that she was still standing outside the cafe holding up the line of people wanting to go in.

'Oh, I'm so sorry' the brunette apologized, smiling awkwardly as she entered the cafe and walked the opposite direction to the rest of the customers.

Kaycee bent her head down, her eyes re-catching the fabric of her sweats when she sighed again. You couldn't dress better than this, could you? She groaned internally, as she slid into the chairs farthest down the back.

'Maybe if I-' Kaycee thought aloud, as she began pulling her hoodie off. A masculine voice interrupted her, and unfortunately for her, it wasn't the masculine voice she'd like to hear.

'Can I take your order?' The boy asked, a mini refill pad and pen in hand. Kaycee frowned unconsciously at him as she pulled her hoodie back over her head. Where's Sean? 

'Uh-um no. Not yet-uh I uh-I'm waiting for someone' Kaycee mumbled.

'Okay, cool' the boy smiled, but he didn't move. He stood right in front of Kaycee, his smile reaching ear to ear at this point.

'Could I help you?' Kaycee asked, which was weird since she was the customer and he was the one who should be asking the order.

'Uh-nothing. Sorry' the boy blushed beet red, before he shuffled back to where he had came from.

'Weird' Kaycee thought to herself.

She pulled her phone out of her pocket, tapping her finger on the table as she waited for Sean to come over to her table. That was their schedule. Kaycee would order on Mondays and Wednesdays. And on Tuesdays and thursdays, Sean would come down and take her order. And seeing that it was Thursday, she waited quite impatiently for the boy to arrive.

'Where is he?' Kaycee mumbled to herself, as she discretely tried to look over at the counter and catch any sign of a dark haired boy. But seeing as where Kaycee had seated herself, her attempts were pretty futile..

She decided she'd wait two more minutes before going up and ordering herself. She would definitely give him a piece of her mind.  

And just like that two minutes passed, and still he was yet to arrive.

'God, if you want something done, you really got to do it yourself' Kaycee giggled to herself, as she picked up all her belongings and walked fast paced to the counter. There was a somewhat long queue, but with the numbers of cashiers there, it would be quick.

'One cappuccino' the elderly man in front of her requested. The cashier jotted down his order straight away before directing him to the side.

Kaycee sighed. Finally. And as she approached the next vacant cashier, she could feel her disappointment growing when she saw no other than that boy who was at her table awhile back. 

'What's your order ma'am?' He asked, a sort of cheeky smile playing on his lips.

Sean. 'Um-just a cappuccino' Kaycee said distractedly, as she tried to peer over the counter for any signs of Sean.

'That's perfect, that'll be three dollars fifty' the boy hummed, as he open his hand for the money. Kaycee dug her hand into her pockets, handing him the cash without even looking at him. She forced her feet to step aside, but her eyes were focused on finding Sean.

Seconds passed before she heard a familiar female voice calling her name. 'Ah, one cappuccino for you, my dear' the older girl smiled, scribbling down Kaucee's order on the cup.

Kaycee lifted her head up, smiling when she saw the girl whom Sean called jade in front of her. 'Uh-is Sean here?' Kaycee asked eagerly, not taking the drink from the older girls hands.

'Oh no, he's not. Quit working here yesterday, was it?' Jade thought aloud.

Kaycee's face washed blank with confusion, her brows creased together as she dropped her bag onto the ground. Her brain was trying to think of an explanation but the only thing that would pop in was he's gone, he doesn't care. And so, her bottom lip trembled lightly before she felt a hand wave in front of  her face.

 'Is something wrong?' Jade must have noticed the sudden change in her character. 

'Oh-yeah, uh sorry about that. I'm just surprised' she tried to laugh it off as if it was not a big deal. But it was, it really was. 'Thank you for the drink' she took her cappuccino, not daring to look back as she shuffled down into the seats far back.

'He's quit. He quit' Kaycee repeated aloud. 'He didn't lose his job or anything. It was his choice. He quit'. Her brain had shut down any other thought, and her mind was replaying his face over and over again.

'You forgot your change' that boy stood in front of her.the last thing she needed right now. His hand was open, her change staring right at her. She had gotten so used to giving Sean a tip, she had done it carelessly without thought to this boy.

'Oh it was a tip' Kaycee lied, trying to keep the conversation short.

'Oh,well thank you then' he smiled. And just like the previous time, he didn't move or budge.

Kaycee averted his gaze. 'Well, I need to head home. Nice seeing you?' She said, more in a questioning tone. He gave her a thumbs up, a dumb smile plastered on his face.

'Sean' Kaycee groaned, as she pulled her phone out and searched for his contact name. And it was easy seeing as that it was her one and only favourite contact.

'Where are you?' She said aloud, as she typed the message. 'Are you okay?'

The message box was grey-a sign that it hadn't been seen yet-before it flashed a light blue and Sean came online.

'Hurry up and answer' Kaycee mumbled, as she decided it'd be better to sit down rather than text and walk at once.

And she could see that he was typing, and it went on like that for a few minutes, before he logged off and he was no longer online.

'What the heck?' The brunette whispered. 

Feeling slightly irritated she walked her way home. She didn't want to be mad at Sean, so she gave him the benefit of doubt, sighing dreamily as she walked back to her apartment. 'You better have a good explanation, Sean'

AN| HEY GUYS! HOW ARE Y'ALL?

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED READING THIS! I HAVE NO IDEA WHY I WROTE THIS SO... YEAH.

ALSO, CAN WE TALK ABOUT BEING BLESSED WITH CONTENT THIS MONTH. I MEAN WE GET S&K CONTENT, NICOLE'S PROJECT, SEANS BIG ANNOUNCEMENT TOMORROW, KAYCEES BIRTHDAY AND HALLOWEEN. LIKE IM SO EXCITED! IK I SAID THIS LAST CHAPTER, BUT LIKE YO IM SO HYPED FOR THIS!

QOTD: CAKE OR COOKIES? That's a hard one for me, but probably like chewy cookies.

❤️❤️❤️

DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT, VOTE, FOLLOW AND SHARE

LOVE YOU GUYS,

XXX