Chapter 60

-----------------------> LYRA UNTIED THE SET OF LETTERS that were tied to the leg of one of her family's owls and gave it a snack before it flew away, setting the bundle on the pile already present on the study table in her room at Hogwarts before...

-----------------------> LYRA UNTIED THE SET OF LETTERS that were tied to the leg of one of her family's owls and gave it a snack before it flew away, setting the bundle on the pile already present on the study table in her room at Hogwarts before picking one letter at a time to read it.

A few of them were from her family, some more were from alums seeking advice or recommendation letters but the majority were actually wedding invitations to ceremonies occurring that winter or the next summer- Valarie Bulstroad and Henry Flint, Patrick Parkinson and Penelope Rowle, Theodore Nott and Cassandra Greengrass, and so many others.

Narcissa laid on Lyra's bed in a casual, sleeping manner, doing her homework while humming a happy tune to herself as she worked. Occasionally, she would ask Lyra a question which she had a doubt on or a topic for her to explain, but other than that, the two did their respective tasks mostly in silence.

"It seems everybody is either getting married or having children," Lyra said, holding up a letter to Narcissa from Molly who announced that she was pregnant.

"I'm aware," Narcissa chuckled before pausing. "While we are on that subject, when are you and Lucius getting married?" She mused aloud curiously with a sly smirk. "Based on how the two of you are acting, I would assume on the day after the both of you graduate Hogwarts!"

Lyra laughed at her cousin's remark, shaking her head. "No, we are going to take it slow. We're still young and in no particular hurry to start the next phase of our lives. Lucius and I are both happy with how we are currently and I think we just want to enjoy it for a little while longer." she explained, making Narcissa nod her head in thoughtful understanding.

Lyra carefully didn't make a mention of the little challenge Lucius and herself had made during Bellatrix's wedding which would give bragging rights to the person who proposes the best but what she did say to her cousin was absolutely true.

It seemed everybody around her was in a hurry to get married and spend the rest of their lives together. Lyra and Lucius, however, knew that there would be rough waters as they sailed ahead so they were living more in the present, thoroughly enjoying themselves because they didn't know when those precious future moments would be stolen ever so abruptly from them.

"Now enough about me and Lucius," Lyra set down the letters on her lap, turning her head to face Narcissa with a smirk dancing on the corners of her lips, "Uncle Cygnus' letters to me contain repeated warnings over Leonard's apparent evil intentions and insist that I must do something about him immediately, lest he harms you. So, based on those words, I take it that yours and Leonard's relationship is going absolutely splendidly?"

It was Narcissa's turn to laugh. "Yes, yes it is," she confirmed, nodding her head with a smile before fondly rolling her eyes. "I don't know why my father is behaving this way. He never did anything of this sort when Bella announced her engagement."