Ark 2 - Finally imprisoned. Or not?

Wu Kang stayed hidden inside of a shadow of the lightless hallway that would lead him towards lieutnant Liu Chen's room. There was no one walking around nearby anymore because of the late hour of the day, but he still pressed himself deeper into the corner to await the right moment to strike.

The lights inside of the target's room were already long turned off and the shuffling of feet on the wooden floor stopped a few hours ago as well. Still, Wu Kang waited untill the clock showed shortly after midnight before he felt safe enough to step out of his hiding spot.

A soft but luckily quiet noise reverberated in the eery hallway when he tiptoed across the smooth stone beneeth his feet. At his grilfriend's behest, he left his shoes behind in his own room, so that he wouldn't be too noisy and leave any evidence behind. That's at least what she saied and because there was no need to mistrust her word, he just did as she told him. Now, he was relieved that he did.

Wu Kang's blood rushed loudly inside of his brain and his hands began to sweat a little when he reached the wooden door that acted as the last barrier between him and his target. There was a second of hesitation in his actions before he threw any hint of fear far away from him and started pulling out some thin wire.

It was also thanks to his lovely girlfriend, that he was carrying something like that with him. Zhou Feng had guessed that the door would be locked and they would be required to break in by force. There would have been some other methods he would have prefered to use of course, but his girl rejected any of his own idea because they would make too much noise. So here he was now, acting like a petty thief who needed a wire to break into a house.

Even though Wu Kang didn't have much time to practice using such primitive tools, the lock of the door still gave in after a little bit of time. It felt somewhat like a tiny triumph in this dangerous setting.  At least untill the hinge of the door moaned noisily when the door was pushed open, making the blood in his vains freeze for a short while and his breath to stagger. 

A short moment Wu Kang feared that everything would be over. That Liu Chen heard him and would sentence him to death because of treason. That his girlfriend would be inflicted by this as well and come to harm. That his father would be disapointed in him and that he would fall from grace. That everything that he fought for would be gone. His heart was pounding heavily inside of his chest, however, even after a few minutes of anxiously waiting for something to happen, the inside of the room stayed dark and silent. 

Wu Kang's brows furrowed in confusion, but he was too thankful that he was safe that he didn't care for how puzzling this was. Instead, he continued in the direction of his target's bed, even more carefull now than he was before. 

There was still more than one moment, where he almost bumped into a table or chair because he could barely see the outlines of them. So it was a deep relieve when he finally crossed the entirety of the sitting room and passed through another entrance that led to Liu Chen's bedroom.

The shadowy shape of a human could be seen lying on the big bed that Wu Kang stood in front of. The blanket covered almost the entire body, except for the mess of hair that was peaking out at the top. There was no movements from the Lieutnant at all as far as Wu Kang could detect, so it was safe to asume that the guy was dead to the world. A heavy sleeper it seemed. He liked those people the most at the moment. Makes things easier.

Wu Kang grabbed the dagger that was smugly sitting in the hollow of his spine and raised it up above his head to get enough momentum to cut through muscles and arteries. An ominous silver glimmer shone inside of the darkness of the room because of the weak monlight coming in through the window. It was a sign of oncoming death.

Wu Kang sucked in another breath of air to calm down the trembling of his fingers and stabbed the dagger towards the sleeping person's heart. At least where he assumed the heart was. It was a bit difficult to aim correctly in this darkness.