Chapter 7

<October 2021>

It has almost been a month since the last assessment and the company hasn't announced anything regarding the debut line of the new girl group. Are they changing their minds because we're not ready? 

No that's impossible, I personally think people like Gaeun and Jieun are definitely ready to debut. 

But what about the others?

I halted in the middle of walking to my favorite practice room. That's definitely possible but are the other trainees that far behind? 

Am I that far behind?

I shook the negative thoughts out of my head and entered the practice room.

"You're late, Eunhye. It's been awhile, how are you?"

I looked up to the person I've been wanting to meet for the past 3 weeks, smiling cheekily at me. It's a secret that I buried deep inside my heart that every time I practice overtime for the past 3 weeks, I kept on hoping he would appear.

"Mark.." I whispered his name, trying to hold my excitement from seeing him again. His smiled grew wider, "Is that excitement I hear from you? Did you miss me?" he smirked at me.

I looked down to the floor, nodding shyly. I looked up to see his face blushing, his eyes widening from surprise. "U-Uhm, I-I missed y-you too?" he stuttered.

I giggled a bit at his reaction, "It's fine if you don't miss me back, you know?" I told him. He immediately shook his head vigorously, "No! I mean yes, wait I mean no. Oh god, I mean like I missed you too which is why like I came here despite like the busy schedule I have right now." he rambled on with a flustered look.

I looked at him in surprise before bursting into laughter. He blushed more and looked down. I walked to him and bent down to peek onto his blushing face, "Thankyou." I gave him my eye smile, causing his eyes to soften. 

"But you shouldn't force yourself to come if you're extremely tired, Mark. I would understand, especially since you're in 4 groups. I don't want you to get sick from coming here when you could rest at your dorms." I said with worry in my voice.

"It's fine, my energizer is here anyways." he said. "Where?" I asked him, confused. Isn't this practice room supposed to be tiring instead of energizing?

"You." 

I swear at that moment my heart could just burst into pieces. He looked so innocent while saying something like a flirt would. "Have you flirted with anyone before? You sound like a natural." I questioned, amusement in my voice.

I noticed that he immediately tensed, "It's fine if you don't want to tell me, I don't mind." I reassured him.

"I dated a few people before, the most recent one is Arin from Oh my Girl." 

My heart definitely plummet down real fast, but I kept a normal look on my face. One thing about me is even though I'm confident in the things I do, I'm very insecure regarding my looks. The fact that I'm falling for Mark whereas his ex is a legit beauty is making me feel so small and pathetic. 

"She looks like a very sweet person, I think you both suit each other well." I faked a smile. "She is." he confirmed my statement. 

My heart plummeted down once again, is he still in love with her? 

"But I don't think we were right for each other. She's a sweet person and all but I don't think that our relationship was working out." he explained. A little gleam of hope started appearing in my chest again.