Chapter 32

Romans POV

It was Tuesday afternoon. After dinner yesterday, I had gone to Lucas for advice on how I should ask Summer to the dance.

He told me to just make her a poster. But I wanted something special. Something that she would remember and that I would too.

So I picked something I loved to do...

I had told Lucas my plan and he wanted in. He knew the perfect spot. He wasn't going to stick around but would come back later to pick me up. It took him some convincing to not have to do it in our front garden.

I had told Summer to meet up at the entrance of my house where I would be waitting for her. This was nerve racking. I had never done this for anyone. You could swear I was proposing.

I had told Summer to wear something casual and comfy. Since I was only wearing a grey hoodie, with a white top underneath, black shorts, white socks and a pair of black vans.

Soon a car pulled up and Summer hopped out. She wore denim blue mom jeans and a pink crew neck jumper which had a butterfly. Her midnight black hair was thrown into a messy bun.

"Hey!" She said coming up and hugging me. Making me blush.

"Well don't you like nice" I winked causing her to blush.

"So where are we going?" She asked. Her eyes darting around where we stood. I took her hand and started walking towards a feild near our house. That my brothers owned apparently.

"It's a surprise" I said looking back at her.

"Is it far?"

"No were almost there."

We were just about to reach it. I put my hands over her eyes helping her walk to our destination.

We we reached. I took my hand off of her eyes. Causing her to squint her eyes. Readjusting to the light.

"Roman." She gasped looking at what was in front of us.

Infront of us stood a pick up truck. That some how Lucas got his hands on in a day. I had set up blankets and pillows for us to lie on and food to munch on. So we could look up at the stars.

"Do I you like it? I mean...I was hoping we could look up at the stars." I shrugged but I really hoped she liked the idea.

Before I could say anymore she came over and gave me a hug.

"This is the most thoughtful thing anyone has done for me." She whispered into my ear giving me shivers from her warm breath. I blushed at her words. She gave me a kiss on the cheek before letting go.

"Well don't just stand there." She giggled getting up onto the back of the trunk.

"Oh ye sorry." I followed her getting up onto the back of the truck. Lieing down with her. We layed under the blankets. Cuddling close, watching the sunset.

We talked about random stuff like our favourite superheros, animal's, songs and more. I was having a great time.

A little while later we both layed flat on our backs. Looking up at the stars. We both just layed in comfortable silence.