Chapter Twenty

FRENCH WAS KNOCKING ON INOLA'S bedroom door. He was getting annoyed that she wasn't answering. She was deaf but her son wasn't and even if he was sleeping, at this point French knew damn well the kid could hear him. Grinding his teeth he decided to open the door. He was just trying to be decent, but fuck it if they didn't appreciate decency.

He stepped inside and there was nobody there. He walked into the room and that was when he saw Joshua. He was laying on his back in pajamas, eyes open and groaning sort of. As usual he wasn't looking at anything in particular and the sheets were soaked. The kid drooled more than a Doberman.

French walked away from him and pulled the door in. He went downstairs to the living room and searched around, but couldn't find them. He did a double take when he past his kitchen window and finally saw something. He saw Enrique in his pool. He felt the anger rising from his toes as he stared at the kid splashing around in his pool all widely. He couldn't believe how he didn't hear that at first.

French swung open the back patio door that led into his backyard and stocked outside. He paused when he saw Inola also in the pool, a two piece high waisted bikini set, sunglasses and laying back on a floatie. Even though she wore glasses he could see her eyes were closed, but he could tell she wasn't sleeping. Just relaxing.

He had technically never told her to stay out his pool, but he did tell her son

He had technically never told her to stay out his pool, but he did tell her son. So it was clear Enrique used the opportunity his mom went in, to follow behind her.

French looked back to Enrique who was only four feet away from her, splashing his arms and flailing his legs around wildly. Upon closer inspection French realized the kid wasn't swimming or playing around—he was drowning.

His mother was right next to him and she couldn't even hear it. French stood there unmoved. He had half a mind to let his fuck ass drown. He told him to stay out the pool.

He stood there watching, probably for a good ten seconds before he let his tongue click against the roof of his mouth. He was about to start stripping down first, but knew he didn't have time for that. He didn't know how long he'd been in the water. French dived in, startling Inola when she suddenly got drenched.

She jumped and sat up on the floatie, seeing French swimming toward Enrique. When she saw Enrique splashing about so violently she immediately registered what was happening. She herself couldn't swim which was why she was on the floatie. She didn't even know he was in the pool with her. He must've tried coming in and trying to swim toward her but started to drown.

Inola started screaming, falling into the pool herself from panicking. She was tall enough however to stand in it. The water reached just below her collarbone. By that time French had already pulled him to safety. Enrique was gasping for air and crying hysterically.