Standing There Looking Pretty

Within a blink I was in Dream's car driving down the street. The sky was a mix between the light yellow of the sunset and the navy blue of the night. The car ride was smooth. Dream only went ten above the speed limit and he kept his eyes on the road.

"Are we going to your parents' house?" I asked, breaking the comfortable silence we had been drawn into.

"Mhm," He nodded. "Listen, George, I got to thinking. Our wedding day was far from the one I want, and maybe that's one of the reasons I didn't marry you."

"So what kind of wedding did you want?"

"Well not a huge one. I've always thought simple is best. Even though our marriage was simple, though, we were fighting. I was literally crying in the car on the way there." He shook his head. "It was terrible. Worst day of my life, that's for sure."

He glanced over at me. "Anyway, I was talking to my mom and my older sister yesterday. They were talking about marriage because my sister thinks her boyfriend might propose soon. And my mom was talking about how excited she was to see her getting married. She told me she couldn't wait 'til I was ready to get married."

"So you're telling her?"

He nodded, "I'm telling my whole family. You were right, George. They deserve to know."

"You did say they'd be fine as long as you're marrying for love."

"Yeah." He bit his lip. "It's also my coming out, too." He sped up a bit.

"I can tell them."

"Noooo," He grinned as he switched lanes. "You're going to tell them in the worst way possible, I just know it. You're going to be like 'excuse me, mother Dream, your son and I are no longer friends' or something like that."

I smirked, "I'm more creative than that, Dream. I'd probably tell them you prefer dicks over chicks."

He wheezed and his entire face erupted red. He almost veered us off the road as he deflated. "What!? Oh my God! You can't tell my mom that!"

"Watch me!" I smiled. "Or I'll tell her fan mail isn't the only thing in your closet."

"Stop," He said through his laughing fit. He drew out the O. "I'm gonna drive us into a ditch!"

"Yeah, I'm sure you'd like that." I looked out the window.

"What? What does that even mean?" He wheezed. "You're making no sense."

"It means however you think it means."

He turned into a caldesac and took a deep breath. I had only been here once before, but the cold nerves that radiated off of Dream told me we were almost at his parents' house. His smile was quick to fade away as his eyes landed on the house. He stopped the car in front of the house and turned to me with a sheepish smile.

"Welp, here we go," He said to me. He tried sounding excited, but it came out more defeated.

"You'll be okay, Dream," I said. "You already know they'll be okay with it anyway."

"I know, but that's theoretical. They're accepting to people who aren't their children. Nobody has ever come out to them before." He pulled the key from his car.

"You don't have to tell them. Just tell them you're marrying me for my green card."

He chuckled and shook his head, "No, they'd never allow that."

"Don't overthink it. So they have a son likes guys. At least he's addicted to me and not drugs."

"You are a drug, George. You have caused me joy, pain, and withdrawals."